Who remembers The Outsiders?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Livi-C
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livi-c.html

Icon Who remembers The Outsiders?

Post by Livi-C »

I love the outsiders almost as much as i love the author. i just have to bring it up because its the book that got me in to reading.
LarryWilto

Post by LarryWilto »

Does remembering the movie count?
Naijasia
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naijasia.html

Post by Naijasia »

I absolutely loved The Outsiders! I remember my reluctance to it when I was in grade school but was so glad I actually read it after. :D
ssued2894
Currently Reading: The Guilt Club
Bookshelf Size: 398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssued2894.html
Latest Review: "Fate's Exchange" by Sasha Leigh

Post by ssued2894 »

I have only read this first chapter of this book. I think I was never interested in it because I was being forced to read it. That was years ago though so I am thinking I should give it another chance because I have heard a lot of good things about it.
Latest Review: "Fate's Exchange" by Sasha Leigh
cnicholas

Post by cnicholas »

This was a great book. I read it multiple times. It made you question can you redeem yourself after murder or can you still remain pure. Remember " Stay Gold"
pinkmoon6337

Post by pinkmoon6337 »

I absolutely loved reading the Outsiders in middle school. It has such great themes and really gets you thinking. I loved it so much that I read all the other books by S.E. Hinton that summer.
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

I think I had to read that book in eighth grade. I loved it, of course (at that age I loved every book I read), and I remember reading ahead and crying at the end. I'll have to go back and read it again sometime to see if it's as good as I remember it being.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
Skylar41
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skylar41.html

Post by Skylar41 »

Oh I love this book! I haven't read it in a while but I can remember the book quite well. I remember reading this in 6th grade. At first I looked at the cover and thought... another classic book? How boring! But once I began reading it with the class I fell in love it and the ending was awesome! Even watched the movie. It's a must read! Don't judge a book by its cover. :)
meghanelyse730
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghanelyse730.html

Post by meghanelyse730 »

I loved the outsiders! It was one of the first books I read! It was intense and a great page turner!
ashen0521
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashen0521.html

Post by ashen0521 »

I love this book! I read it for school in 8th grade and went out and bought a copy for myself at home.
its_Jenna

Post by its_Jenna »

The Outsiders is no doubt my favorite book!
Can we just discuss how lovely the ending was? The fact that we were reading Ponyboy's A+++ theme was a great finish. I was sad to finish it.....the fourth time :D
ncardenas1802
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ncardenas1802.html

Post by ncardenas1802 »

You can't forget The Outsiders once you read it, its impossible! It's one of those books from middle school that stays with you. You share the book with anyone that will listen and watch as they grow to love it too. :D
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

I loved that book! I saw the movie first, because at the time it came out, I had a teenage crush on all the main characters! Then we were assigned the book in school. I was excited because I knew the movie was good. The book was excellent, also! It helped you get into the minds of the characters and think about what they were going through and feeling. Yes, I cried! And as someone mentioned earlier, "Stay Gold, Ponyboy".
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

Skylar41 wrote:Oh I love this book! I haven't read it in a while but I can remember the book quite well. I remember reading this in 6th grade. At first I looked at the cover and thought... another classic book? How boring! But once I began reading it with the class I fell in love it and the ending was awesome! Even watched the movie. It's a must read! Don't judge a book by its cover. :)

I had the same experience! I enjoyed both the book and the movie.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
hpritch

Post by hpritch »

Great book! My teenage daughter just read it in school and enjoyed it as well. Also seen the movie :-)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”