Anne Frank's "Diary of a Young Girl"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
readlikejess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readlikejess.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Re: Anne Frank's "Diary of a Young Girl"

Post by readlikejess »

It was really heartbreaking.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

This is the reason why I thank someone for making Literature exist. I think, in this pandemic, Anne Frank is the most relatable person. She has been my comfort in these tough times. Imagine, her power in writing. She's been dead for almost a century already, but she's here, making people feel comforted and being the companion of many people struggling. Thank you Anne Frank.
inChristalone247
Favorite Book: Midwinter Turns to Spring
Currently Reading: Beyond the Higher Ground
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inchristalone247.html
Latest Review: Midwinter Turns to Spring by Maria Veloso

Post by inChristalone247 »

I have not read the book yet though I want to. However, I have read the summary and seeing this review brought me to tears again. I hope to read it someday.
jessica chastain
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jessica chastain »

Not only have I read Anne Frank’s diary of a young girl I actually recently performed in the play as well. I read it prior to performing to get a better idea of the role circumstances. How brave, not only of the families but of one girls bravery. If there is anyone who I can consistently look to for comfort in this book it is Anne. Through the arguing of families in close quarters, her own confusion and what is happening beyond the Annex walls, she continues to find hope. Hope I couldn’t imagine sustaining in her situation. Although still a child… her wisdom is beyond her years. a light in the circumstantial depth of darkness. When all have lost hope it is Anne who treads on, believing everyone, somewhere is still good at heart. A child too young for what came next. This story will continue to bring tears to my eyes and show what an inspiration she was to this day. I could never imagine. Thank you Anne Frank.
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

I read this book when I was in elementary school, and it was the first time I participated in a book club. It was a mother-daughter book club so I went through it with my mom. I remember because I was close in age to Anne at the time of writing her diary, I felt very connected to her. I remember being so heartbroken at the end. It was an exceptional piece of literature, but because it was so heartbreaking I haven’t been able to get myself to read it again. Perhaps one day, I’ll reread it with my child.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Arya OS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arya-os.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Arya OS »

I believe every book written during or about Holocaust has its own place and significance in the world but this book hits a different note in its reader since it comes from a place of innocent honesty of a 14 year old and there cannot be a more unfiltered version of this experience. Its one of those books which you connect with and feel for her yet makes you feel helpless as well. its a GEM.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”