Review of Share the Dream

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Review of Share the Dream

Post by Timothee22 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Share the Dream" by Michael Eugene Hall.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Share the Dream, by Michael Eugene Hall, is a novel that inspires one to follow their dreams, irrespective of the circumstances or situation they are in.

Shannon Collins lived with his dad and his two siblings, Jason and Sissy. Shannon's mom had just died, and this affected them psychologically, especially their dad. Despite that, Shannon's siblings were ambitious. Even though he wasn't doing anything at the moment, he had a goal in mind; he wanted to become a world champion in bike riding. He was so passionate about it that he often dreamt about riding bikes. He never imagined his goal could come to reality until his grandfather gifted him a bike. He impressed a man while riding his bike, and the said man signed him to his team. He started riding for Scott Powell, the CEO of Powell industries. During his riding career, he met Angel who made an impact on his career.

Share the Dream, by Michael Eugene Hall, is a story that focuses on a young man with an exciting dream. It was written in a first-person narrative, and I could see through the characters' eyes, making it relatable. I believe every reader would do so too.

I think the author might be a poet because, at some point in the book, I thought I was reading a poetic work. There were some parts that were written with rhymes and style, and I totally loved it. To be frank, this would be the first novel I have ever read that has this particular concept. I think it's creative, and other authors could try to write more like this too.

However, despite the fact that I loved the aspect of the book I mentioned above, the book wasn't impressive as I read on. As I read further, I realized the story lacked pace and was tiring to read. The plot was bland, and there was a lack of suspense. Well, I think the author is an amateur writer. For that reason, that's pardonable.

Another aspect of this work that was not too impressive was that the author didn't take his time to separate some scenes from others. The scenes were not appropriately spaced, and the stories were merged, thereby confusing me while I was reading. It also contains a plethora of errors. For these reasons, I would give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to all young people who dream big and aspire a lot.

Share the Dream
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

All dreams are valid. It may not be what I would want, but, really, it shouldn’t be. If everyone was the same this world would be boring.
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I think the author might be a poet because, at some point in the book, I thought I was reading a poetic work. There were some parts that were written with rhymes and style, and I totally loved it.
This is a nice feature in this book. I believe the author has written children's books before, and that may be how he developed this style. Thanks for the review.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Seems like this book has a great delivery style. Thank you for the review.
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

Must be an inspirational read. The reader will clearly be motivated to set and chase his dreams after reading this.
Chesko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chesko.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Chesko »

Seems like an inspiring and uplifting read. The author will definitely get better. thanks for the honest review.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

I'm a lover of sports and people with Shannon's mentality always come out at the top. I'd love to see how he progressively grew to what he wanted to be.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Improper spacing of scenes in a book can make the hinder a good reading experience. I think I will pass on this one. Thank you for your honest review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”