Review of Katie Ladybug

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Katie Ladybug

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Katie Ladybug" by Kelly Wiseman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Katie Ladybug by Kelly Wiseman is a book with an illustration that takes us on an adventure into discovering peace and freedom within ourselves.

The book begins with questions thrown at us by Katie Ladybug. This book is directed at kids and is an aid in finding peace in them. By becoming mindful, it leads to freedom and creativity. Katie Ladybug also leads us into exploring our bodies, how we breathe in and out, what we think, and what we feel. She also talked about distractions, which can come in various ways and be seen, heard, and felt. It can also be a good thing or a bad thing. To explore our mindfulness, there are things we should do. What are these things? And how are they connected to the practice of mindfulness? This book provides answers to these questions.

I loved that this book was directed towards kids and younger ones. It teaches them to be self-aware and also to know how to find self-love, creativity, and truth by practicing the feeling of peace. The book is embedded with friendly illustrations that help explain and lay emphasis on what is being said. It also explains how we can get into the practice of mindfulness. On page 17, we see what we are expected to do: sit, breathe, and see what is going on inside our bodies. This book is undoubtedly an exciting book that all children would learn from.

I loved the character, Katie Ladybug, and how she brought us into the world of creativity and finding the peace within us. I also loved the illustrations in the book, which made it look more exciting and very suitable for young ones who learn visually. I enjoyed how she explained what we should do if we want to explore our bodies. She further explained the distractions we could face, either good or bad.

I did not find any unsuitable words or sentences in this book, so I do not hate the book. It was well-written, and the illustrations are lovely. There was nothing I could spot as a negative factor in the whole book. It was edited exceptionally. There's no traceable error in the book.

Based on the facts above and what I have learned from this book, I would gladly award this book 4 out of 4 stars. I want to recommend this book to kids and young teens who desire to find this inner peace, as it might be helpful to their lives.

Katie Ladybug
View: on Bookshelves
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

I love educational book directed towards younger people. Amazing review!
Jydel
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Currently Reading: Diary of a wimpy kid
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jydel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Jydel »

Kids are curious and at such a tender age, they are always ready to learn. Any book that can help them explore safely and channel what they've leant creatively is a book I would want for my kid. Katie Ladybug sounds like such a book.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This should be great for kids to help them find Inner peace. Great review.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

What better way cam someone have peace within? This book details the process of gaining it. Thanks for the review.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

What better way cam someone have peace within? This book details the process of gaining it. Thanks for the review.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: I'll Always Be With You by Violetta Armour

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

I think this book goes beyond its target audience and will be helpful to anyone who reads it.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: I'll Always Be With You by Violetta Armour

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

I think this book goes beyond its target audience and will be helpful to anyone who reads it.
Mmaduabuchi Eze
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmaduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mmaduabuchi Eze »

Inner peace and freedom are essential to a productive life. We just have to become our own best friends.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”