Review of Fourth Earth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Fourth Earth

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fourth Earth" by Cami Murdock Jensen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fourth Earth is the fourth installment in Cami Murdock Jensen's epic fantasy series, which follows the main heroine Agnes Anne Cavanaugh. It tells the story of her mission to bring peace to the Fourth Earth. While attempting to do so, she encounters a number of obstacles, like her boyfriend's powers mysteriously disappearing and persuading warring factions to lay down their guns and work together. To make matters worse, she is pitted against Sharir the Endless, who is infuriated by her success in the previous book and is determined to bring her down. The adventure that follows is fascinating and will take readers on a fantastic ride.

I enjoyed how the theme of war was handled. I was able to grasp the gravity of the situation without having to read grisly descriptions, which made the book enjoyable to read. Agnes's strength impressed me as well. She had the tenacity of a cockroach. Cockroaches are reputed to be able to withstand nuclear blasts, and I found Agnes to be similarly resilient. She was put in situations that would have easily defeated the majority of people, but she managed to get herself out by the skin of her teeth.

I admired her devotion to her companions and their devotion to her. They had to endure great obstacles but remained united. This made the novel more pleasurable for me because I didn't have to worry about treachery. I appreciated how wholesome the relationship between Agnes and Temnon was. They were supportive of one another and communicated efficiently. The action in the book was never dull, and it never felt rushed. Because the transition from chapter to chapter was easy, I was able to keep up with what was going on.

There was nothing in the book that I didn't like. Despite the fact that it was the fourth book in a series, the first chapter did an excellent job of recapping what had happened in the prior book so that new readers would not be confused. Because the book aroused my interest, I believe I would enjoy reading the remaining novels in the series. The language employed was basic and easy to grasp, which added to the book's enjoyment.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was a pleasure to read. The book's action was thrilling, and the stakes were tremendous. I regarded the book to be extraordinarily well-edited because I did not discover a single typo or grammatical error. I would recommend this book to anyone who appreciates the fantasy genre.

Fourth Earth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

Seems to be a well written science fiction fantasy in which the lady protagonist tries to get success in her mission of saving fourth Earth. Thanks for a nice review
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I'd like to read all books in this fantasy series. Great review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”