Review of Ela Green and the Kingdom of Abud

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwankwo GC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-gc.html
Latest Review: The Chosen by Brandy Marks

Review of Ela Green and the Kingdom of Abud

Post by Nwankwo GC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ela Green and the Kingdom of Abud" by Sylvia Greif.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This beautifully written book, Ela Green and the Kingdom of Abud by Sylvia Greif, is centered on a young girl, Eleanor Green. She is an oddball and seems very different from her peers; she loves to converse with nature, which enrages her mother. The situation becomes complicated when she comes across a scroll with mysterious drawings and a golden cuff bracelet on her late grandmother's desk. Being very inquisitive about nature, Ela struggles to find the meaning of these things and experience them. Uncle Archibald was against it initially. She embarks on the journey to the strange kingdom with her uncle. Read Sylvia Greif's Ela Green and the Kingdom of Abud to discover the mysteries embedded therein.

I loved the fact that the author made perfect use of her imagination in writing this captivating book. Her use of words and her beautiful use of suspense would leave the readers fascinated and seeking more. I also loved that she tried to encourage a love for nature through her story, which would be a valuable lesson for the readers. Another thing I loved was that she conveyed her emotions wonderfully to the readers through perfectly woven characters that seemed to come to life in the reader's mind as he read through the book.

Along the line, the story got confusing because of what I deemed to be a lot of playbacks; though important, it could get a lot of readers, especially the young ones, confused. The story also turned out to be incomplete, but I believe the author had intended for a prequel to the story. However, at the first encounter, the end of the book might not be welcomed by some readers who would not like to be left in suspense. Those are parts of the book I found displeasing.

Ela Green and the Kingdom of Abud was exceptionally well edited. I found no errors in it. I will give the book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I deducted a star because of the issues I addressed in the previous paragraph. Apart from those issues, the book is an interesting read; I had a great time reading through its pages.

I recommend Sylvia Greif's Ela Green and the Kingdom of Abud to lovers of nature and magic precisely. Other lovers of art will appreciate it as well. It would be intriguing to this group of people because they would enjoy the suspenseful story while also learning more about art, nature, and life.

Ela Green and the Kingdom of Abud
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand.Thanks for a wonderful review. Looking forward to reading this book.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Everyone likes different things. It is easy to condemn Ela’s mother for her indifference to her daughter’s plight, but we have the benefit of hindsight.
wmeki510
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wmeki510.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by wmeki510 »

Such a wonderful piece. Worth considering for a relaxed reading.
wmeki510

Post by wmeki510 »

Amy Luman wrote: 20 Apr 2022, 11:18 Everyone likes different things. It is easy to condemn Ela’s mother for her indifference to her daughter’s plight, but we have the benefit of hindsight.
I understand your point. It's just a reality.
wmeki510

Post by wmeki510 »

Ifesi wrote: 20 Apr 2022, 06:40 This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand.Thanks for a wonderful review. Looking forward to reading this book.
Same with me; the book really promises a thrilling read.
NYABUTI MORAA
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NYABUTI MORAA »

I love how the author conveyed her emotions awesomely to the readers through characters that seemed to come to life in the reader's mind as he/she reads through the book. Such a marvelous piece.
Fairy_endy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Fairy_endy »

It's a beautiful piece. The encouragement to care for nature and also make your reader's mind run far with imagination is a gift.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I think the storyline is captivating. I look forward to reading this piece. Great review.
Itz Savaga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Post by Itz Savaga »

Wow! Interesting review. This book sounds so interesting, I would love to read more to find out what Ella found out in this strange kingdom that she journey to with her uncle. And I Love the fact that Ella was looking for means to find an answer to the things she found in the scroll.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Nature is full of wonders. I liked that the protagonist is a nature's lover. Thanks for the nice review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Ethan Golin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ethan-golin.html
Latest Review: Acts of Hope by Martin Elsant
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ethan Golin »

I agree with you that the plot seemed to drag in some places, but I enjoy the author's excellent word-building.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”