Review of Children of Morwena

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Review of Children of Morwena

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Children of Morwena" by Helene Smith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is political tension as two nations, Vesrigo and Norland, strive for dominance. The Union of All Nations (UAN) is tasked with establishing a world peace order. To ensure peace prevails, it bans all weapons of war. However, a section of people believes UAN is siding with one side.

Meanwhile, in Morwena, Leila’s dad assures his children that all is well. Leila, Andre, and Bonnie are on the beach having fun when a wave strikes. An emergency evacuation is initiated. The first priority goes to the children. In the pandemonium, Leila is separated from his parents and siblings. Leila carries a backpack of seedlings that she holds on to dearly. She seeks refuge in a cave, away from Morwena, where she finds a young boy named Shoeboy. When Leila woke up one morning, her hat and backpack were missing. The mysterious boy offers to accompany Squibby, his friend, and Leila to Alrica’s silver house to find her stuff. She is delighted to meet her old friends, Emily and Colly, at Alrica’s place. All this time, Leila is determined to retrieve her backpack and then look for her little sister Bonnie. With Emily in tandem, they embark on a journey to find Bonnie and the other children of Morwena.

I liked that the author provided different settings in the story. Away from Emily and Leila, another team of children strives to get away from a farm that exploits their physical strength for meager food and no pay. Andre is the leader of this pack. He devises a plan with other kids on the farm to elope from Snow and the weed farm. I relished how children were portrayed in Children of Morwena by Helene Smith. Some adults accuse the children of causing disturbances. A powerful section of individuals conspires to drive them out of their camps for selfish ambition. However, the children of Morwena pursue what is just and right. Andre and Leila envisage exemplary leadership traits. I also appreciated the simplicity of the book’s execution. Smith used simple words that a young audience can understand easily.

There was nothing I disliked in this novel. It demonstrated that children could protect themselves and their friends when they exude confidence. It provides a lesson to both the young and old about teamwork. By sticking together, much is achievable. Moreover, the young possess limitless potential.

I gladly rate this book four out of four stars based on the reasons provided above. The editing was professional since I noticed a few minor grammatical errors. I recommend this book to young adults. Lovers of adventure books will also find it fascinating.

Children of Morwena
View: on Bookshelves
Abu_Aisha1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

I enjoyed stories centered around kids. Most importantly, I like the theme of the book. Well done for an amazing review.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

The adventure for a backpack. sounds like an interesting book. great review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Seems to be a very engaging read for a young audience :) I like that the children are on the right side, setting a good example. Thank you for a great review!
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

Ellylion wrote: 03 May 2022, 10:20 Seems to be a very engaging read for a young audience :) I like that the children are on the right side, setting a good example. Thank you for a great review!
Christopherio wrote: 03 May 2022, 08:22 The adventure for a backpack. sounds like an interesting book. great review.
Abu_Aisha1 wrote: 02 May 2022, 07:19 I enjoyed stories centered around kids. Most importantly, I like the theme of the book. Well done for an amazing review.
Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words :tiphat:
Ella John 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Ella John 1 »

It's a good read to young audiences especially to kids who love adventure story. I bet kids can't wait to ride with you on this your adventurous story. Kudos to you
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

This is a good adventure story and although it involves children, it will be a pleasant read for all ages.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”