Review of Thorn of Secrets

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Review of Thorn of Secrets

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Thorn of Secrets' by B. Truly well presents the engaging story of the book for curious readers. I like the way the reviewer explores the important points related to the story. The point that the book tells the story of Madison, her trials, and her growth is worth mentioning in the review. Also, the point that the book has a great amount of suspense, especially towards its end, as mentioned in the review, is remarkable for readers. It was great to learn that the way the author abused the trauma and abuse in this book is lovable!
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

The drama and the book cover are eye catching. I enjoyed your review. Can't wait to to read more about Madison
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

The drama and the book cover are eye catching. I enjoyed your review. Can't wait to to read more about Madison
Wayne Njoroge
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Dark Web Murders
Currently Reading: Bloody Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-njoroge.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Wayne Njoroge »

A book that reveals the troublesome relationship between Madison and Jackson. I do not fancy young adult novels so much therefore I will takeca pass on it.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

This novel has an interesting plot, love has only been a thorn in the flesh for Madison, and how would she escape Jackson's abuse? The only way is to grab a copy of the novel to learn more. Congrats on BOTD!
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

The book deals with sensitive topics, so I hope that the author was able to write the story without enforcing stereotypes regarding women and sexual violence.
Congratulations to the author for BOTD!
Fawmi FJumana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

Thorn of secrets seems to be a book that gives more emotional and deep topics in a understandable and relatable way. And I like that the book can be read as a standalone despite being the second part. I would like to know how Madison faced her fear and troubles.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 607
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 58%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

"Thorn of Secrets" by B. Truly is a fictional story about Madison, her daughter Justice and her ex-boyfriend Justin. Madison is sexually assaulted and moves to Baton Rouge with her daughter. The man that sexually assaulted Madison is named Jackson and he absconded because of his upcoming trial and while Madison is wary about another attack six months later, she is kidnaped by Jackson. This is a sequel to Scorn of Thorns and it is a book I definitely want to read it. Very good review.
Ma Leonarda Castañares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-leonarda-casta-ares.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Ma Leonarda Castañares »

It’s satisfying to know that Madison got back on her feet after experiencing traumatic sexual assault. I am glad she got her own happy ending. I commend the author for doing justice with the story of Madison. Thank you for your detailed review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Thorn of secret sounds like an engrossing tale and the book cover is captivating. I'm curious to know what Jackson plans to do after he absconded and also why Madison is scared because she thinks he will harm her. Congrats on the BOTD. Great review
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

This book may be not my usual type, but it seems as the second book of the set, it full of emotions and drama.
Following Madison's life, the assault is a very delicate situation to deal with, how she will be able to do that. The relationships, and how the past can be hard.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

This book may be not my usual type, but it seems as the second book of the set, it full of emotions and drama.
Following Madison's life, the assault is a very delicate situation to deal with, how she will be able to do that.
Rxynx
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Soul Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rxynx.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by Rxynx »

It is too heartbreaking for me to read about such sexual abuse and kidnapping, but I still appreciate your insightful review. Although I would not personally read Thorn of Secrets by B. Truly, your review of the work was well-written and insightful. Like you, I like that Madison pressed charges and got back on her feet despite having faced such a severe obstacle. Even though it is a fictional work, I still wish well for Madison, her daughter Justice, and her other female family members in any future or upcoming novels of the Scorn of Secrets series.

:cry:
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

I love when novels like this are able to stand on their own despite being a sequel, I might just have to check this one out.
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by John Arun Kumar »

This is a sequel fiction. B. Truly seems to be very good in developing this story line and it's characters and at the same time tackling some social issues like abuse. Thanks for the book download. Your review is good kindling my interest to read this sometime. Congratulations on the BOTD!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”