Review of My Secret Place with God

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of My Secret Place with God

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Secret Place with God" by Yvette M Murphy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you having difficulties praying to God? Do you have issues with the perfect routine for praying? Do you feel that your prayer life is lagging and you feel the need to go back to God? My Secret Place with God by Yvette M Murphy is a book written to combat a prayerless spirit. This is a short book of 31 days of devotion.

God's love is something that baffles me every time I think about it. The best thing that will happen to anyone is to come to terms with the fact that God is real and worship God in truth and spirit. God is never going to let us down as long as we believe and trust in him. There are times when it seems that things aren't going well. We should know that this is also a time to praise God. Praising him when it is good and when it is bad shows how grateful we are. Just like this author, I thank God for the gift of life and all he has been doing regardless of how lackadaisical I take my spirituality. Don't worry about anything; just always believe in God and you will see how effective your life will turn out to be. To be an effective person during prayers, take up this book.

I felt like I knew how to worship until I came across this book. The author was very detailed while writing about God and his good deeds. There is this confidence that comes with knowing God very well, and I think, as the author, I have begun to develop it again. While reading this book, I remembered a time in my life when I hit rock bottom and how God came and took charge of my life. God is life, and we die when we stop acknowledging his supremacy.

There is nothing to hate about this book. I just made this book my devotional after seeing how effective it is. The Bible passages at the end of each day made the prayer come alive. After reading this book, I can boldly say that my faith has been reinstated. This book is a must-read for all Christians. I must tell you that after reading this book, your spiritual life won't remain the same. While reading this book, I saw more of a friend and father in God.

I'm rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I found no errors while reading. This shows that it was exceptionally well-edited. I would recommend this book to people who love reading the Christian prayer bulletin.

My Secret Place with God
View: on Bookshelves
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

I love this, and I’ll like to read it. With the way this reviewer has explained everything, it’s enlightening. Great job!
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

I was hooked from the beginning of this review. I feel I came across this book for a reason would definitely be reading it. Lately I have been having trouble praying to God, and finding a better way to talk to him. This book would be helpful to not just me, but everyone who is takes time to understand the contents of this book. Thanks for your insightful review.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

A Christian book. This is an exceptionally written review that gives every reader a proper information about what to expect. Well done on an insightful review
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

This is a must-read book for me. Thanks for the review.
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

My prayer life is sincerely lacking and I so need to ideas the author released in this book. Maybe I can find answers to the questions I have. Great review.
third agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-third-agbata.html
Latest Review: The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis

Post by third agbata »

This book is really fascinating and amazing. Your review gave me more insight on the book's storyline. Thanks for the great review
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

Reading this review made me realize that I can do better Regarding my relationship with God. I really hope to see what this book recommends Regarding this. This is a well-written review. Keep it up!
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

This sounds like a book I would like to read. I love the part about praying in hard times but not forgetting to pray and give thanks in the good times. I enjoy these books and your review has inspired me to read this one.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”