Review of The Color Of Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rhodahams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhodahams.html
Latest Review: Prisoner Prodigal Pawn by Robert Sparkman

Review of The Color Of Love

Post by Rhodahams »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Color Of Love" by Raymond Quattlebaum.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Color of Love is a fascinating book penned by Raymond Quattlebaum. It was intentionally divided into thirty-eight chapters and written in ninety-two pages. It is a collection of poems mainly written by the poet himself, except for a few.

Raymond wrote poems trying to define love in all its ramification. The color of love has been known as Red over the years, but Raymond’s view transcends above mere color. It was very inspirational and intriguing. He has mastered the language of words and writes without restriction.

His view on the Black race is reassuring and soothing for a troubled mind. The book explored different parts of love while admonishing us in clear words not to be carried away by the lust of the flesh but to see beyond it. His message was conveyed with no ambiguity. This book is a masterpiece!

There are so many parts of this book that I must comment on. I must commend the poet’s sincerity in attaching his name only to his works. He has a good command of English, which makes the poems very easy to read and understand. His ability to convey the message to his respective audience is remarkable. I had a good read all through the pages. The incorporation of the Bible was very remarkable. This could be seen in the last chapter of the book, themed ‘Black people’ where the poet, in his last line, said, “If God be for us, who can be against us.”

One of my favorite lines was seen in “Race,” where he said, ‘A race stripped off their trophies of achievement priced possessions, stripped butt naked. Shot down as degenerates, but they are truly Gods’. This is a clear indication that despite our tribulations as black-skinned, we are God’s creation. This was very inspiring to internalize. His poems are very relatable, especially “Are we all the same.” It depicts our today’s society. His play with words is magnificent. This could be seen in the poem “I wonder.”

There is no negative part of the book except for some tiny errors. It was a very good book.

I will rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. My reason is justified by the incorrect spellings contained in the book. I did not rate it lower because it was an awesome book.

I will gladly recommend this book to people who enjoy good poetry and my fellow poets.

The Color Of Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

Love is beautiful, love is kind, and love is generous. am made out of love so am in love with this book.thanks for the review.
Frank Mutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-mutuma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Frank Mutuma »

I have never been a fan of poetry or romance but I love how detailed your review is
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I usually avoid poetry because it is very difficult for me to understand. I realize that you said because of his English these are easy to understand, but I am skeptical.
MIrriam Kathumba
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MIrriam Kathumba »

Indeed we are one no matter the colour we should learn to love, we are God Creation
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

Love goes beyond our families and close-knitted friends. It extends to other races too.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”