Review of Sally Rae Crosby

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of Sally Rae Crosby

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sally Rae Crosby" by Susan E Davis-Carr.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sally Rae Crosby by Susan E. Davis-Carr is a 115-page book that spins the tale of Sally Rae Crosby. Born into an unloved home, Sally desired the warmth of friends and the comfort of good finances. However, she was fazed when she won the lottery and discovered the troubles and disingenuous people that money attracts. She decides to change her identity, move to a quiet town and live a simple life.

Life hits Susan Parker hard when she discovers that money can't buy everything she seeks. Disconcerted with the situation she is surrounded by after she wins the lottery worth half a billion dollars, she decides to change her identity to Sally Rae Crosby and move to a little town called Fresno in California. She is welcomed into the neighborhood and makes quick friends with Karen, Bob, Tony, Leroy, and a host of others. She falls in love with Tony but loses him to an explosion. She gives love another chance with Michael, and together they adopt a boy called Julio. Sally discovers the hidden truth about her family and spends her money on anonymous good works until she dies of cancer.

Susan E. Davis-Carr is a simple writer and dotted this book with twist and turn filled with suspense and intrigue. I like the unpredictable events of the book. Sally's life was quite dramatic, and the author well executed the delivery. The characters were very relatable with events in their life, and I liked that very much.

My favorite character was Sally. She had a big lovely heart and didn't mind sharing her wealth with those in need. She was very selfless, portraying a lot of her enigmatic personality. My favorite scene was when Sally found her birth mother. It was a beautiful moment of fulfillment for Sally.

However, there are also a few things I dislike about the book. There was a shift from first-person to third-person narratives in two instances which were quite confusing. Also, as the book seems restricted to the first-person narrative, it was a bit disconcerting when the result of an event was known before its end. An example was when Sally was attacked. While she was attacked, she recounted Karen's activities, which she was not privy to, at least yet. There was also a lot of summarized action, making the book appear fast-paced. For these reasons, I rate Sally Rae Crosby 3 out of 4 stars.

The book contains a few errors, which didn't affect the reading flow. In conclusion, I recommend this book to fans of romance and family books. Also, readers who like simple and easy leisure books will love it.

Sally Rae Crosby
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

Countless people believe once they get money, a lot of their problems become solved, not knowing there’s more to life than money.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”