Review of I Will Not Cry

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of I Will Not Cry

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I Will Not Cry" by Stuart E Schadt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I Will Not Cry is a young adult book written by Stuart E. Schadt. In this story, Wyatt faces numerous struggles, including bullies and loss. Throughout the story, Wyatt grows and learns more about himself. He discovers it's okay to let his walls down to the right people.

Wyatt, the main character in the book, is the type of boy who wants to avoid dealing with the world around him. He has every intention of keeping to himself as the new school year begins. He prefers to sit alone and not speak with the other students. Letty isn't put off by Wyatt's silence and chooses to sit with him at lunch anyhow. Wyatt may learn he doesn't need to put up walls to the world around him.

I Will Not Cry is a book suited for older youth and young adults. Younger children wouldn't understand all of the content. Adults may find the story to be below their reading level, but still might enjoy it. As an adult, I did. Those who don't have an open mind or have issues with homosexuality may want to skip this book since one character is gay and one is transgender.

I liked how the book started with a brief description of the main characters in the book. The descriptions are to the point and help the reader to get to know them. I also enjoyed how the chapters were labeled to show which character was speaking. It made the transition from one person to the next easy to follow. I also felt the characters were well-developed and relatable. I particularly felt the friendship developed between Wyatt and Sean to be heart-warming. I Will Not Cry reminded me of my high school experience. There was drama, friendships being built, and friendships being hurt. I feel the author did an excellent job in exploring the turbulence of adolescence in this book. I liked how there was growth for all the characters through the obstacles and challenges they were faced with. I found the plot to be interesting and it kept my attention. I wanted to keep reading to find out what would happen next. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I didn't find anything to dislike about it.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to be professionally edited and contains no errors. The author did a wonderful job creating and developing the characters. I feel older youth and young adults will be able to relate to Wyatt's story. I would recommend this book to others. I would also enjoy reading other books by this author.

I Will Not Cry
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mac :techie-reference:
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

Young adults will find it easy to relate to this novel, especially those who feel they have one deficiency or the other.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am definitely not a young adult, but this sounds like something I would enjoy. I relate to Wyatt’s not wanting to talk to others and his preference for being alone.
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

Young adults would find the book helpful. I see a lot if myself in Wyatt. Great review.
SparkindaGl0
Currently Reading: On Becoming Me: Memoir of an 80's Teenager
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by SparkindaGl0 »

Seem like something I would use as a teacher to teach young kids about bullying. There are a lot of true events that need to face and this book just might be it and be allowed into public schools. Thank you for an honest review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”