Review of Tommy and the Order of Cosmic Champions

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Tommy and the Order of Cosmic Champions

Post by Melisa Jane »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tommy and the Order of Cosmic Champions" by Anthony J. Rapino and Anthony D. Grate.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Growing up comes with its own challenges and responsibilities. It entails change, how you embrace it, and what you choose to learn from it. One has to get used to things not turning out as expected. But during this time, parents are the most important advisors and role models, and they are required to be there for their children. Tommy and the Order of Cosmic Champions by Anthony J. Rapino and Anthony D. Grate is a fictional novel that takes us through the journey of a young boy and his adventures while growing up.

This book mainly revolves around Tommy, a boy who is coming of age. After graduating from elementary school, Tommy looks forward to hanging out with his best friend. Still, things don't turn out that way because his best friend, Evan, suddenly becomes cold towards him. He later realizes that he is hanging out with the bully, Jonathan. Tommy's parents are splitting up, and he also falls into the hands of the bullies when he joins the junior high school. His only happiness during that time is his love for comic book action figures, and he, therefore, enters a nationwide contest to create a new comic book character. But his hopes are shattered when he doesn't win the contest. Therefore, he embarks on a journey to Brooklyn to convince the contest winner to make his dreams come true.

This book is divided into five parts. It contains three hundred and ninety- two pages, which are further divided into forty-nine chapters. Some parts of the book are written from the first-person point of view, while others are written from the third-person point of view. It is written in the past tense. Part one starts with a prologue and ends with acknowledgments and some notes about the author.

There are several things that I liked about the book. However, in this review, I'll only mention a few. First, I liked how the author created suspense. For example, it took me time to realize the real reason why Evan suddenly became cold towards his friend, Tommy. Second, I also liked how the author mixed reality with fantasy so perfectly that what is deemed surreal in the real world became so real when reading the book. Third, I liked how the author tried to bring out things that happen even today in real life. Examples include bullying in schools, how parents' divorce affects children, and what happens to children if they are not well taken care of. Since I did not find any grammatical errors while reading, this book was exceptionally well edited.

In conclusion, this is a brilliant book. There was nothing I disliked about it. I, therefore, rate it four out of four stars. I recommend it to parents and young adults interested in learning from other people's experiences.

Tommy and the Order of Cosmic Champions
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”