Review of Demonic Whispers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Review of Demonic Whispers

Post by NancyDrew12 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Demonic Whispers" by Seriostar.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tobias is a young boy who harbors a dark secret. With no family or friends, Tobias has to fend for himself and currently lives in a rundown motel. On top of being homeless, he also frequently suffers from horrific dreams from his past. One day, while roaming the city looking for food, Tobias comes across a mysterious girl. This girl becomes very interested in Tobias and wants to get to know him better. But what Tobias doesn't realize is that she also has a secret.

Tobias soon comes to find out that this girl is Samantha. While Samantha might look ordinary, she and her family know things about certain beings most people believe are just fictional. Not only does her family know about them, but they also hunt them. After a misfortunate event, Samantha has been turned into the very thing her family hunts.
With her life turned upside down, Samantha vows to get revenge on the ones who made her this way. Can Samantha and Tobias stop these wrongdoers?

Demonic Whispers by Seriostar is a young adult novel that follows two teens on a mission. Throughout the story, Samantha and Tobias fight for justice while learning new things about each other.

While I enjoyed some parts of this novel, most of them I found dull. Multiple scenes felt prolonged and caused me to lose focus. Because of this, I had a hard time connecting with the story. There were also some inconsistencies. At the beginning of the book, Barry is Samantha's mother's cousin. Then near the middle of the story, Barry was her father's cousin, and during the end, Barry was once again her mother's cousin.

I recommend this book to a younger audience that enjoys the supernatural and mysteries. While some adults may be able to enjoy it, the writing style was too simplistic for me.

One positive thing about this novel for me was the relationship between Samantha and Tobias. As the story progressed, so did their relationship, which made their bond feel more realistic. I also liked the plot twists that happened. The twists were done well and weren't easy to predict. One negative thing for me was how slow-paced the story was. While I don't mind slow pacing, this novel was unbearably slow.

I give Demonic Whispers 3 out of 4 stars. I gave this rating because the relationship between Samantha and Tobias was genuine, but the slow-paced nature and inconsistencies stopped me from enjoying the novel wholeheartedly. I found six errors.

Demonic Whispers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I am sorry to hear the pace was really slow (this is something I can't stand usually) because the plot was nice. Not over-complicated, but something one might enjoy reading on a dull moment. Thank you for the review!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”