Review of The Mammoth Project

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Review of The Mammoth Project

Post by Ceeco2002 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Mammoth Project" by Craig Strete and Terry Izumi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stanton Forbes was a skilled scientist known for his work in advanced weapon research. He was employed by the military to build and develop their weapons systems. However, while employed, he had stolen millions of dollars to carry out his secret cloning project, in which he cloned a herd of extinct animals known as mammoths. He was optimistic that his project would be a huge success and that all the money that was stolen wouldn't have to be remembered by the government, but he was wrong. His plans failed, and things did not go as he had expected. Now, he and his accomplice, Ivan Petrovski, must find a way to get rid of all traces of their theft so that the military would have nothing to suspect when they came for investigations. He tried to kill and eliminate all the mammoths he had created, but this would later prove to be a more challenging task than he anticipated. Will Forbes' mission to exterminate all the mammoths be a success? Or will he finally get caught by the military for theft of funds? Find out by reading The Mammoth Project by Craig Strete and Terry Izum.

Nina and Keith were my favorite characters in this novel. I admired their grit and resilience throughout the story. I must also laud the authors for their ability to paint vivid and in-depth descriptions of actions and scenes, as I found it easy to picture the characters' deeds and thoughts. The authors' writing style was engaging and straightforward, with no complexity. The characters were nicely formed, and I could easily relate to them.

On the other hand, there were a few drawbacks to this book. I didn't appreciate that the book was centered on one concept and storyline, which is on the scientist and the mammoths. As a result, the plot lacked dynamism and did little to keep the reader's interest. Another flaw in the book was that certain chapters began in the middle of previous pages rather than on fresh pages. The book also lacked page numbers, making it difficult to refer back to previous pages.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars because I still enjoyed reading it despite the minor flaws mentioned above. While reading, I spotted numerous errors, which reflect poorly on the book's editing. To be improved, the book would need to undergo another round of editing.

In my opinion, readers interested in learning about the extinct mammoths, as well as fans of young adult fiction, should pick up this book.

The Mammoth Project
View: on Bookshelves
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Your review has pique my interest in reading the book. I must read it for more knowledge. Great and fantastic review. Cheers
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kasun Perera »

This one sounds like the Jurassic Park, and I am sure that I will love this. Thank you for the nice review.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

This seems interesting and informational to those interested in mammoths. Very informative review!
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

This seems to be an exciting read. I wish the author could take note of the corrections and effect it in subsequent editions.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”