Review of The Stalker

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of The Stalker

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Stalker" by Julie Whitley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Stalker: The Secrets of the Home Wood by Julie Whitley tells the adventure of four individuals and their mysterious encounters. Jonathon and Matthew embarked on a journey to help Amia, a woman who got lost in the woods and was in search of her son. Matthew forbids crossing the creek, a dangerous part of the Home Wood, which he promised never to embark on. He went into the portal with his son to help Amia in her quest. On finding out that Jonathon and his grandfather had crossed the creek, Marly took heed to go after them. A lot will evolve as the story takes on different dimensions. These four will take a journey to the Kingdom of Canum to get help and assistance in fighting the Southern Grue. On arriving at the Kingdom of Canum, Jonathon will have to inform the Canae about Memgarr's message as this might likely convince the Canae to help them defeat the Southern Grue under Worl's leadership.

I love the suspense between Marly and Jonathon. In the story, they were described as best of friends, but one could tell the unusual distance between these two. Their behavior in the earlier part of the book was awkward, especially with Jonathon avoiding Marly's stare and giving his attention to Amia. All these made the story inviting.

I was stunned at how Jonathon took the lead to the portal. Even if he has gone through the portal before, his brave skill was exclusively expressed throughout the story in helping the Grue woman get back to her home. Moreover, there were a lot of unique qualities and extraordinary moments that made this book an excellent read for me. The book described a stone given to Jonathon when he entered the portal, the medallion that enabled Marly to understand Amia, a talisman that enables invincibility, and other excellent qualities that beautify this book. All this made the book more intriguing to read.

As the story progresses, the book combines three distinct creatures: the San, the Grue, the Maorrr, and the Canum. It unravels the relationship and differences between these kingdoms—all these sums up the peculiarity of the book. Furthermore, I appreciate that the author didn't lose count of ideas. Every moment was enticing. Also, their journey into the portal bonded their friendship, another beautiful aspect of this book. It created a friendly atmosphere that reconnected Marly and Jonathan.

This book deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Nothing was displeasing about the book. I found just a few errors while reading. It was professionally edited and written. I would love to recommend this book to readers who enjoy reading adventure stories.

The Stalker
View: on Bookshelves
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

This cover is stunning and eye-catching. I think the creatures that the author created are very unique and interesting. Great review!
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

The book cover is so catchy.
I loved your review, it really gave a good insight about "The Stalker" .
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

ExcellenceAwuzie wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 18:04 The book cover is so catchy.
I loved your review, it really gave a good insight about "The Stalker" .
You're completely right. That book cover is so captivating.
it is what it is ....

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”