Review of Eventually They All Fall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 758
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Review of Eventually They All Fall

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eventually They All Fall" by Jenna Marcus.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Domino Garrison's only memory of his father was the saying, "Eventually, they all fall," and he has no idea what it means. Fifteen-year-old Domino cannot imagine anything, but he sees what others imagine. Hermon always imagines a dragon that is sometimes a Pegasus. Domino becomes best friends with Griswold Griffin, who wants to become a magician, and has a great imagination that usually includes rabbits. Griswold gets Lucy Jenkins to sign his petition for a talent show by promising her a date with Domino. All of a sudden, paranormal activities start happening that could destroy the world. Domino's boss, Miles, believes Max Garrison, his father, is responsible. However, when Max is found, he is in a medically induced coma, unable to use his ability to turn fantasy into reality. If Max is not responsible for all the chaos, who is? Who else can turn fantasy into reality? Follow Domino, Griswold, Lucy, and Miles as they seek the truth by reading Eventually They All Fall by Jenna Marcus.

One of the best aspects of this young adult book is that it kept me intrigued throughout it. Flying dragons, a monstrous doctor, and frogs falling from the sky are only a few paranormal elements you will encounter while reading this book. Jenna Marcus did a fantastic job describing this book's characters and events. There were times when I could not tell the difference between what was real and what was fantasy, which was a successful aspect of the plot. I appreciate that the author included life lessons in the book that young adults can learn from. For example, I think everyone should understand and realize that secrets are deceptive, and they will eventually catch up with you. I believe a couple of quotes in the book will inspire readers. One was by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." The other was by Peter Parker, who said, "with great power comes great responsibility."

The only negative aspect I encountered in this book was the severity of the non-borderline profanity. This profanity is inappropriate for young readers in the 13 to 15 age group, who are part of the author's targeted audience of this book.

I am delighted to give this professionally edited book a perfect score of 4 out of 4 stars. There is absolutely no reason to give this book a lower score because it has a well-written and fast-paced plot that flows smoothly throughout the book.

I recommend this book to readers over the age of 16 who like science-fiction books full of paranormal mystery. I would caution young adult readers and their parents that the content revolving around child abuse, drug use, gore, and non-borderline profanity may not be suitable for those in the 13 to 15 age group that the author indicated as part of the targeted audience.

Eventually They All Fall
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

This book sounds like a good use of special powers and abilities to create a young adult fantasy book. Too bad about the profanity, which seems inappropriate for the targeted age of readers.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

Flying dragons, and monstrous doctors has already gotten me interested in reading this book. Thank you for this lovely review.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

Goodness, I wonder sometimes how those age ranges are determined. The content you mentioned does not sound appropriate at all.
Jenni Schmitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Homecoming
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenni-schmitt.html
Latest Review: Nowhere to Hide by Jude Austin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jenni Schmitt »

I might be a little old for this book, but it looks very interesting.
WriteOn
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writeon.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by WriteOn »

I appreciate that the author included life lessons in the book that young adults can learn from. For example, I think everyone should understand and realize that secrets are deceptive, and they will eventually catch up with you.
It looks like this book contains valuable real life lessons amid all the fantasy. Thanks for a such a great review of the intriguing story Bertha Jackson. There is a sense that it draws readers in to another world where 'somebody' is responsible for chaos. It's a shame the age range of readers is restricted by the profane language as I'm sure younger readers would enjoy it.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

Not a big fan when an author includes things above the age of the target audience. But otherwise, great review.
it is what it is ....
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 608
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Great review like always Bertha, thanks for that :D . I just have to read this book especially with the paranormal events happening and no one knows who is starting it.
Brown_Sucre
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brown-sucre.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out The Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 2 by Tom Wick

Post by Brown_Sucre »

Fantasies are what would keep a younger audience interest and engage their imaginations. Thank you for this great review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”