Review of Fransie Changes With Laughter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Review of Fransie Changes With Laughter

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fransie Changes With Laughter" by Adrienne Watkins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fransie Changes With Laughter by Adrienne Watkins is a short and appealing coming-of-age tale centered on an invigorating twelve-year-old girl, Fransie. We are introduced to Fransie's family, who do not have much, but for Fransie, it is enough; her parents' beautiful love, her siblings, and the country life enjoyed in Halifax, Virginia. She never thought she would have to relocate to an entirely different place or leave behind her best friend, Daisy. Then comes her dad's announcement of the family moving to New York because of his new job. Fransie begins to wonder if she can cope with the changes that come along with relocating. Will she be able to adjust to the changes in her new environment? What life awaits her and her family in the big concrete city? I implore you to read this book and find out!

This book has many positive aspects. Initially, I did not think this was my vibe at all, but Adrienne's style of writing totally captivated me. She selects a very insightful and unique title that captures the essence of her story without giving too much away. This book explores the theme of total love and adoration between siblings, which I really like. Fransie clearly loves and respects her sisters. This is very evident in chapters six and twelve, where she shows great concern about Eileen's whereabouts.

The author succeeds in encouraging attitudes that promote good sibling relationships. She also centred on the theme of love and friendship. The connection between Daisy and Fransie made this book more charming. Reading about the deep affection and compassion Andrew and Sandy shared made me wish for a love like theirs. Moving is not easy for anyone, much less children. They become very anxious about the new life ahead, and this can trigger a complex mix of emotions. This book will help teenagers and young adults understand that relocating to a new place is nothing to be scared of.

Furthermore, the author adds humour to this work through the description of some characters and entertains the reader by incorporating interesting stories. I especially liked the peppermint candy story because it teaches a valuable life lesson. Throughout my reading, I did not find a single grammar or spelling mistake; this is proof that this book was exceptionally edited. This is a book that truly deserves a wide readership, and I absolutely loved it!

This book does not have any negative aspects. The author's choice of words was precise, simple, and easy to understand. This is also an engaging book that can be read in one sitting. For the reasons above, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to anyone interested in reading a book that focuses on relocation, family, and friendship.

Fransie Changes With Laughter
View: on Bookshelves
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

Relocation is very challenging for everyone; you leave everything behind and go start from scratch in an unknown environment where you need to build new relationships, have new habits, and adapt to a new way of life. I guess it is even more difficult for young children. Luckily the sisters, Daisy and Fransie are there for each other.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I like when a book with serious subject matter suddenly adds a splash of humor. The tension is lightened and this is more in keeping with real life. You can always find something funny if you try hard enough.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

Interesting review. Can't wait to read this book. Nice job kudos. Adding it to my book shelf ASAP

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”