Review of Suspended

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 757
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Review of Suspended

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Suspended" by Peter Jenvay.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a re-review of the book Suspended by Peter Jenvay. What would your reaction be if you saw a beautiful, naked man suspended 150 above the ground? Would you believe he was good or evil? This phenomenon occurred in Solace, Iowa, above the Rimmerton College campus. By forming the MITS team, Robert Clay and his friends strive to discover the mystery of this man in the sky, whom the local media nickname MITS. They encounter many obstacles from law enforcement, the military, and the college administration, who have their own opinions of MITS's intentions. The team's findings are hard to believe, and it is up to them to convince everyone what they believe is the truth about MITS. What is the truth behind MITS? Is he evil or good? Why is he naked? Why is he suspended above campus? How does the MITS team present their findings?

It was a pleasure to review this professionally edited book again. My favorite character in this book is Grace, who did not actively participate with the MITS team. However, as the spouse of one of the team members, Grace always provided them with food and drinks to make them comfortable and relaxed while they discussed their findings. Although there is a lot of repetitiveness in the book due to the characters sharing their information and experiences with the media across the globe, there were never any inconsistencies in the information they shared, and Peter Jenvay kept it from becoming monotonous with his writing skills. I find the concept of peonies, or any flower, as a sign of peace comforting as I have always seen flowers as something beautiful and non-threatening. This book has many moral and ethical concepts for readers to think about. My favorite was "if the rational mind can't come up with an answer, it will try to save face and invent one." I had to stop and ponder this one for a while, and I believe it is true that people try to rationalize what they believe in.

Now that the book has been professionally edited, there is nothing I dislike about it. The "List of Characters" is still at the end of the book, but there was no reason for me to refer to it now that the names are spelled correctly.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for the above reasons. It is a book that I will never get tired of reading. Peter Jenvay did an excellent job correcting the mistakes I found the first time I reviewed this book, and I found only two errors in the last part of the book this time around. A professional editor could have easily missed them.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy reading science fiction concerning paranormal religious beings. Although this book revolves around characters from the Bible, it is appropriate for all readers regardless of their religion, or lack thereof, because it is not based on actual biblical facts. Peter Jenvay has humorously twisted many of the religious beliefs people have. I will caution sensitive readers that this book does contain non-borderline profanity.

Suspended
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

This reminds of the TV series titled blind spot where Jane Doe was found naked with no memory in a bag in the middle of NY Square. I wonder what the MITS brings to the table. There are a lot of places to take this mystery and I’d love to see how the author handles it!
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

Never read a re-review of a book but the story in this one sounds very captivating. I must grab this book.
Opara Jerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opara-jerry.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Opara Jerry »

I was attracted to this book by the cover art, but I’m staying because after reading the review, I became curious. I wonder how MITS got to be in the first place, I wonder how we will hassle the situations eventually. This seems like it’ll be a good read!
Luchris Curtis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-curtis.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by Luchris Curtis »

This work of fiction revolves around a mysterious naked man and the research that was carried out on him by a group of people. I'd love to know how and why the man was suspended in the air. Thanks for your honest review.
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

This story is really intriguing and captivating. I know it's difficult times being a young adult, this is the phase where your strength is tested. I look forward to reading this book. Nice review.
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

The book cover is very eye catchy, I think that's what led me to the book. This adult life can be very difficult to live in, so many twists, it's just like a novel, each day feels like a new chapter, no one knows what plot is going to surface. Very captivating book. Your review summarized the book in the appropriate way. Nice one 👍

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”