Who is your favorite YA author?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: The Covid Murders by Greg Vigdor
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Re: Who is your favorite YA author?

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

I love John Green books. While I have enjoyed other YA authors, I have read all of his books. While there is one I don’t really like, there are many of them that I love.
Harshita Pandey 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Harshita Pandey 2 »

My favorite YA author is Nicola Yoon.
Her writing style is charismatic. Her stories are beautiful. And, her characters are so relatable.
Each and every one of her novels have something unique. In 'Everything, Everything' the protagonist was being treated for severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), 'The Sun Is Also a Star' is a one day love story.. Her plots have that oomph factor and I'm here for it.
kennedymae
Currently Reading: What Lies Beyond the Veil ( Of Flesh and Bone )
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by kennedymae »

When I was younger it was Rick Riordan, I fell in love with Percy Jackson and I'm so excited for the TV show. I think at the minute my favorite authors are L.A Weatherly, Cassandra Clare, and Rebecca Yarros!
Arya OS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arya-os.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Arya OS »

I loved reading Stephen Chbosky; The perks of being a wallflower being one of my all time favorite young adult fiction.
Priya Mathew
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-mathew.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Priya Mathew »

Hi All,

I've been enjoying reading through everyone's favorite YA authors, and it's tough to pick just one! Personally, I find myself torn between two fantastic authors.

Sarah J. Maas has a way of crafting intricate fantasy worlds that completely immerse you, and her character development is second to none. "Throne of Glass" and "A Court of Thorns and Roses" are absolute gems.

On the other hand, Rick Riordan's ability to blend mythology with modern settings in a witty and engaging manner is something I truly adore. The "Percy Jackson" series and "The Heroes of Olympus" have a special place in my heart, making him one of my all-time favorites.
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." - Charles W. Eliot
Nevada Shriver
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nevada-shriver.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Nevada Shriver »

Suzanne Collins, Cynthia Voigt, Jacqueline Harvey (Kensy and Max are my favorite ever), A.L. Tait. How can anyone choose???

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”