A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kaja_1237
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Re: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas

Post by kaja_1237 »

A Court of Thorns and Roses Series is definitely one of my favorite series. Each book is better than the previous one. When I started reading them I couldn't put them down. Can't wait for the fourth book.
S Mishra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-mishra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by S Mishra »

A court of thorns and roses is one my favourite series yet. No matter how many books I read, I keep coming back to reread it, specially À court of Mist and Fury because the development of the characters in that book is amazing. Not to mention all the brilliant new characters that are introduced.

However, I think the third book A court of Wings and Ruin was a bit of a disappointment. We finally get the big war the plot was building towards since the beginning of ACOMAF but there seem to be no great consequences. I won't give spoilers, but I believe the war would have seemed much more realistic if there were more obstacles faced by the characters.
The novella was good enough but I believe the first two books were the best.

What are your opinions on the upcoming series set in the ACOTAR world? Again, I won't give spoilers, but I really do not care much about the probable protagonists of the upcoming books so I'm not sure whether I would read it or not...
iced_sunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iced-sunshine.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by iced_sunshine »

I loved the Throne of Glass series when I was younger and I knew I had to read ACOTAR as soon as it came out. Fortunately, I didn't but I eventually got to it and long story short: I didn't enjoy it. I'll probably read the other books sometime in the near future but they aren't high on my TBR.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

At first, I really enjoyed this book but later on, in the series I felt like lots of interesting concepts were skimmed over and that the books had a lot more potential. I wish that the romance was not as focused upon as I felt that it took away time from other really exciting subplots!
lesmehm1
Favorite Book: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Currently Reading: Chasing The Red Queen
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by lesmehm1 »

this book change my life really, i loveeeeee Sarah's books, are love, all of them
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I also really enjoyed this series up until the third book. While the beginning was really entertaining where Feyre acted as a spy, the rest of the book was a bit disappointing.
HanSmith97
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansmith97.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by HanSmith97 »

The series is absolutely incredible! I remember really enjoying the first one and loving it. BUT THEN I PICKED UP THE SECOND. And oh my. It's one of the only series that I've read when I actually preferred the second book to the first.
ANR17
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anr17.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ANR17 »

ACOTAR was the first series I had read of Sarah J Maas's and I fell in love with the characters. I think the world she created and the characters she portrayed were wonderful. I have read and re-read the series over and over again. I have finally started her Throne of Glass series, and I have got to admit that it is so much better than ACOTAR. I think the intricacies of the ToG series make ACOTAR look quite simplistic, actually. Not that it's a bad series, not by any means. I just wonder what more it could have been.
HanSmith97
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansmith97.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by HanSmith97 »

kaja_1237 wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 10:30 A Court of Thorns and Roses Series is definitely one of my favorite series. Each book is better than the previous one. When I started reading them I couldn't put them down. Can't wait for the fourth book.
What did you think of the fourth book? I was quite disappointed compared to books two and three
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

ANR17 wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 21:55 ACOTAR was the first series I had read of Sarah J Maas's and I fell in love with the characters. I think the world she created and the characters she portrayed were wonderful. I have read and re-read the series over and over again. I have finally started her Throne of Glass series, and I have got to admit that it is so much better than ACOTAR. I think the intricacies of the ToG series make ACOTAR look quite simplistic, actually. Not that it's a bad series, not by any means. I just wonder what more it could have been.
ACOTAR was also the first series I read by Maas. I'm starting to read the ToG series and I'm really glad I found your comment because I was worried it wasn't going to live up to my high expectations from ACOTAR but now I'm excited!
vrinda_1611
Favorite Author: Kaitlyn Hoyt
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 22
fav_author_id: 3960

Post by vrinda_1611 »

Absolutely loved the books. Couldn't wait till I completed the series.
I hope the sequel comes out soon...
Patka
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Patka »

This book is my LIFE. I got involved in life of characters soooooo quick! I adore everything about this book. There is romance, fantasy, enemies to lovers, magic and good humor. Sarah did a great job everyone. Definitely worth a read.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I unfortunately really didn't like this book. It was overhyped in my opinion and felt very cliche and felt too similar to Beauty and the Beast like for my taste. Maybe the other books will be better.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

A Court of Thorns and Roses is a book I tried hard to like, especially because it was so popular in the fandom. Unfortunately, I simply couldn't. It was too cliche and predictable for me. I hope the other books in the series are better.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:

I feel so bad that I didn't like this book at all. It felt cliche to me but I think after seeing the way people loved this series, I'll try reading the next book in it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”