A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
fire_heart
Currently Reading: Beyond the Story
Bookshelf Size: 80

Re: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas

Post by fire_heart »

Sarah J Maas is number one in my favourite author list.I have read all of her books and am patiently waiting for the 3rd book in Crescent City series.I love her writing style and world building and all her characters. After Throne of Glass I like ACOTAR the most.The way most of us went from loving Tamlin to kind of hating him and also Rhysand. Out of all the male leads in Maas's books Rhysand may be the most loved one.One of the things I love about her books is the twists and turns and surprises. ACOTAR also did not fail in that aspect.I kind of hated Nesta to be honest.
Shiloh Stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiloh-stone.html
Latest Review: Karrie's Thorn by Rev. Cheryl Kincaid
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Shiloh Stone »

I have been hunting for an ACOTAR thread! It looks like this one is mostly dead at this point, but I just wanted somewhere to rave. I finished all of the currently released books, and I have the biggest book hangover from it. I’m not quite to a slump, but I just know it will be a while before I read another series that draws me in this much. I’m a little scared to start Throne of Glass because I don’t want it to pale in comparison right after reading ACOTAR. I’ve heard it’s amazing, but I don’t know how it can live up to it’s sibling!
Miriam Ratemo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

I literally couldn't have written the book better. What I mean is that usually there are part where you find yourself wondering why the author did that and wrote it that way and wishing this part went this way instead of that. That wasn't the case at all with this book. She wrote it with just enough conflict but brought it around with explanation all the while keeping you, the reader, connected. I felt for each of the characters. I fell in love as they did. I got angry as they did and thankfully didn't have to shed any tears although a few were shed by the characters. This book has just the right amount of love and passion as well as external conflict so is so vividly described.
Miriam Ratemo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

Although this was a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, I often found myself forgetting that because I was so invested in the story and it was such a unique retelling with the addition of faeries and masquerade masks. Feyre was such a strong character and Tamlin amused me along with Lucien. These three characters were well-rounded. They made me laugh and smile, which is what successful character development should do. I'm super excited for the next book!
User avatarRoyal Bibliophile

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”