Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
_JOAN
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 10

Re: Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Post by _JOAN »

Though I haven't read the book series, but merely watching the movie series, one can depict the book series were actually fantastic. I would love to the read the book someday.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

Twilight series is an enticing read. Its movie adaptation was the first I fell in love with. Even though I watched the movies, I am still interested to read the book because it's the reason why the film was created. Thanks to Stephenie Meyer.
jaedyn donovan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jaedyn donovan »

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is a beautifully crafted modern-day love story between a human and a vampire. This book will have you on the edge of your seat and you won't want to put it down - that's how good the book is. The movies were well-plotted, and I LOVED Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan, she fit the role of Bella perfectly. And I think Robert Pattinson fit the role of Edward Cullen excellently. My mom and I always watch Twilight whenever it's on, she got me into it. :)
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 598
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

I'm honest to say that at the stage that the books came to light I didn't know about them, as I wasn't really allowed to read. I did watch the movie Twilight first but yet again, with no real interest at that point.
Later on however I heard about the books and maganed to get to read them, in secret I must add, and I absolutely devoured them. One of my friends kinda spoiled the ending for me when I was on the second book and I was so cross!!! I still kept on reading and decided I'll only watch the movies after. At this stage my life also made a huge change for the best, so the Twilight series will always be close to my heart.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

I actually have loved this book series since I was a teenager. I usually try to read them once a year because they still remain my favorite books. I know many people have issues with these books, but I don't have any problems with them. They are my comfort books, and I will probably love them for the rest of my life. The movies too. I was thrilled when Midnight Sun came out, and I enjoyed it.
Aesthetic black

Post by Aesthetic black »

I just read the Twilight series for the 3rd time and I must say it is an amazing read. I have to say the author Stephanie Mayer always finds a way to have me on the edge of my seat. This is truly a wonderful book, I would recommend it to anyone who has not read it.
Valerie1313
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by Valerie1313 »

I am on my way to reading the series again, and I daresay that my own attitude towards the Twilight saga has changed through time.
The first attempt was at the age of twelve. I was so passionate about it, that I could not imagine better books. Edward seemed to me to be the greatest type of boyfriend that I could meet. He is intelligent, loyal, and attractive... So, those mere hormones spoke on behalf of me.
The second re-read was two years later. My reading experience had grown, and I had developed a preference for classics. That time, I found some aspects of Edward & Bella's relationship a bit creepy. One of those is Edward's participation in Bella's life. The girl dropped out, talking to simple human mates. She was so down in the dumps about it. Swan said on repeated occasions that she was feeling upset that she had not hung out with Angela. Also, I have to highlight that Edward's night stopovers in the girl's room were loony. On the contrary, I really liked the storylines of Carlisle, Volturi, and Quileute. I found it the most interesting part of the novel.
And right now, I'm reading the series again. Overall, that is not the worst or the best young adult book. As it still has cliches in the characters. But at the same time, I like the plot about vampires fighting and their past.
Twilight is not the best book series, but it will still remain one of my favorites since I have plenty of pleasant memories of it from my childhood. I recommend reading them, but NOT as an example of a healthy relationship between main characters.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

To be honest, I enjoyed the series at the time, but now looking back? It was a bit boring.
Birshica

Post by Birshica »

Twilight is the story of Edward and Bella’s romance.  Forget any vampire romance you have read before, Twilight is so unique it is almost like it’s in its own genre.  The book is marketed at Young Adult readers but it has the ability to cross age barriers and will satisfy both teenagers and adults alike.

The story is told in first person from the perspective of Bella, so the reader only ever know what she knows, making Edward and his family a mystery that is slowly unravelled through out the book.  Even by the end of the book I was still thirsting for more of the Cullen family back story - hopefully their characters might be developed further in future books.  Bella herself is a well written and realistic character, shy and lacking in confidence, her sarcastic inner voice narrates the story for the reader.

Twilight is simply and yet beautifully written.  The descriptions of Forks leave you feeling like you can almost smell the damp air and hear the rain falling on the roof. 

The romance between Edward and Bella is both touching and compelling.  There is a melancholic feel to their impossible love, yet at the same time they both are unwilling to give up hope that their relationship is not doomed.  The book reaches a fever pitch of excitement as the romance between Bella and Edward turns into a frantic race to stay alive. 

I have heard Twilight described as “a vampire story for people who don’t like vampire stories” and I think I would agree with that.  This book really has something for everyone.  Young adult readers, vampire fans or romance readers will all find Twilight to be an appealing story.

For a Young Adult novel the book is quite long but don’t let that put you off reading it because each page is to be savoured.  Believe me, this is one book that you won’t want to end.
Birshica

Post by Birshica »

I completely love the book how's it's full of love and romance something that we don't see these days some people saying that bella is an independent figure i completely disagree with them bella was depending on Edward because what she been through wasn't human it was supernatural what are you expecting to throw her life to a complete end that's such a rubbish i love the sweetness of the story it's kinda better sweet it might get slightly boring in the middle but it gets better and in my opinion i think that the book is better than the movie i think that Emma Stewart isn't good for bella's swan character while Robert Pattinson was perfect for the role in few words twilight is a delightful book can't wait to read the rest.
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

I did read the Twilight books before the movies started but boy was I hooked on this storyline! I loved all of the characters. Even though the movie could have done better casting with some of the characters, it was very enjoyable to watch.
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

I read the first two books and the last one I kinda skipped pieces of it as I just found it too long and dragged out. It is way better than the movies. I would take reading a book over watching a movie any day as the books just give more to a story.
Madiha saifi

Post by Madiha saifi »

I haven't read the book but I have watched the movie ...all the parts and God I'm so obsessed with it. My love for vampires and werewolves started from here . This series always have a special place in my heart. The scenes the characters are amazing nd oh!!! The plot is too good .. I love this series so much I can watch it forever still won't get over it .
Alet Van Tonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alet-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Alet Van Tonder »

While I must admit that I enjoyed the Twilight movies, I couldn't bring myself to finish even the first book - somehow reading about all of it was much less enjoyable.
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

I can definitely say I enjoyed the movies almost as much as the book series emphasis on almost. But then when I watched the movies I almost did not want to read the series but reading the series changed everything for me and me me understand completely some of the reasons for some acts in the movies.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”