Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
beatrice_mom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Post by beatrice_mom »

I really liked it when I was a bit younger. It's really cool romantic story that has lots of problems that only love and family can solve. I like watching it when I feel disappointed or when I am ill. Can recommend reading the book also, I liked that. But it's not something I'd like to read again.
Purneemaa
Favorite Book: A Court of Mist and Fury
Currently Reading: Crescent City
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purneemaa.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Purneemaa »

Twilight was my very first book series too! If not for the book or story, I want to read the midnight sun just for just the nostalgia.
Cgklas

Post by Cgklas »

This series is an amazing one for vampire lovers and maybe even werewolf ones. It has plenty of drama and a inciting storyline! It's full of fantasy, drama, action, and more. I loved reading about the love between Edward and Bella and how the werewolves and vampires worked together to face common enemies!
Kat5285

Post by Kat5285 »

The should have made a TV show of twilight so much stuff was left out from the book than the movie
Janae K
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Janae K »

I was really into the movies, so when I read the books I was so disappointed! The books were way better than the movies. It's been a few years since I've reread the books, but these books got me even deeper into reading. Ever since every movie I've watched and enjoyed I have to see if it was an adaptation of a book because this series showed me that books are normally better than the movie.
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

True! I remember i was in school when everyone had these books in their hands. The covers weren't the movie covers yet. And everyone loved it. Then it became a hype because of the movies and became more about the actors and the affects used in the movies and ruined it all.
AmySaraMartha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysaramartha.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by AmySaraMartha »

I really enjoyed reading the Twilight series as well, even despite all the negativity about it. They’re not the world’s best books but they do make me feel good. I’m excited to read the new book that came out and glad that she finally decided to do so.
readlikejess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readlikejess.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by readlikejess »

The books were really great. Better than the movies even. Kristen Stewart is the only thing I looked forward to in the movies back then.
Bhaskar Rogha
Currently Reading: Twilight
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskar-rogha.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Bhaskar Rogha »

Till now, I had seen only the movies. Now, I am reading the first book in the series. I am liking it. I hope this liking stays till the end of the book.
Bhaskar Rogha
Currently Reading: Twilight
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskar-rogha.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Bhaskar Rogha »

pdcyouthlibrary wrote: 06 Mar 2015, 11:49 I was surprised no had anything yet about Twilight! I understand the movie and the fan clubs about it all, yet I have to say that I read the books before the big drama of it all, and really enjoyed them. It was an extremely well written book series with different twists and turns that made the series amazing. I can't say that I enjoyed the movies at all, however the books were well done and would recommend. The hard part with recommending this series is that people have seen the movies and then they don't want to read the books because of that, but it's a good series that I'm have enjoyed for sure!
I want to apologise in advance if it will hurt what I'm about to type. The name of the author is Stephenie Meyer, not the one typed in the topic.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I really enjoyed this series so much back then when I was a teenager. I remember reading it at class and getting scolded by the teacher for not paying attention. It was exceptionally well-written and riveting, you just could not help devouring the book in one sitting.
Kayla McColl
Favorite Book: The Legacy
Currently Reading: Pillow Thoughts
Bookshelf Size: 999
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-mccoll.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kayla McColl »

I will admit that I watched the first Twilight movie before ever reading the books. The movie captured me so thoroughly that I just had to have the books. I ended up reading the second book first and the first book last. I enjoyed the series as a whole but I think the way they portrayed the fight in the last movie was epic and there should have been more than a hint of it in the book.
Shireen Ubaid
Favorite Book: Crescendo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shireen-ubaid.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Shireen Ubaid »

Twilight series was the first fantasy series I read because I was a fan of the movie. I loved the movie a lot which drove me to read the whole series. I must say the book was better than the movie.
Mimmi Rossander
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimmi-rossander.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Mimmi Rossander »

Only read the first two and a half books. They're definitely better than the movies. The biggest problem for me was the weak female lead. Never been a fan of women who needs to be saved by men. That being said, it just wasn't for me.
Julia J 1
Currently Reading: The Priory of the Orange Tree
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-j-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Julia J 1 »

The Twilight books are so entertaining, I read them all when I was much younger and now again as a young adult in my twenties. I would say though that they are definitely problematic. I also found the last book to be a bit ridiculous and I wish that the author had ended with Eclipse. The writing isn't amazing but Meyer does a good job drawing you in. Also the side characters (my favorite was Alice) were great.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”