Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
underthe_cloudyskies
Currently Reading: The Catcher in the Rye
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-underthe-cloudyskies.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Post by underthe_cloudyskies »

It has been pretty long since I've read these books and watched the movies, but i remember my absolute disappointment :cry: . When I started reading this series, I was really into it and I couldn't figure out why it was hated on the internet. But as i advanced to the series, my disappointment grew to length. I can't highlight every point but the major thing that bothered me was- "the lack of fight with the Volturi at the end". All through the previous books this clan was feared to such great lengths and the final fight was built up with so much enthusiasm in the last book, but when this "major fight" was resolved with just a talk... I was honestly disappointed.
Listlesslostsoul
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Listlesslostsoul »

Twilight was one of the hyped series that every teenage girl wanted to watch, yes I'm talking about the movies. Yet, the books were far more interesting than the movies. It's been 4 years since I read this series and I still quote some of their lines. I share some inside jokes with some of my friends who actually read.
So yeah, I loved Twilight saga a lot. And if you are a fan of fairytales you can definitely check this out. The description in the novel can bring to the world of vampires and werewolves, it can be your next favourite.
I remember completing the series in 7 days as I was so engrossed in everything Meyer had to offer. I personally enjoyed it. I think you will too. Happy Reading
Anna_TB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-tb.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Anna_TB »

Oh, Twilight... It reminds me of my adolescence! I think I read the series when I was about 12, when the first movie came out, and I was pretty much obsessed. Although the years have passed and I have come to the realisation that there are many problems with the main storylines and the characters, I still cannot hate on a series that was so pivotal for me during my formative years. I have no intention of reading it again at this point in my life, but it will always remain as one of the series that has had an impact on me.
Oasis_679
Currently Reading:

Post by Oasis_679 »

I loved this book as it was my first vampire book so to speak. It was really captivating to me as a teen and the romance. The last book in the series wasn't her best tho.
Pendrick reckon
Favorite Book: Pekari
Currently Reading: Heartaches 2
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Pendrick reckon »

I really like enjoyed myself when reading this series and I'd like to read more. Congrats to author.
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

So true. I read the books when the movies were just coming out, so I didn't perceive Bella as annoying until after I watched the movies. The plot changed up a whole lot by comparison as well, and even though the tone of the book was slightly immature I think Meyer did a good job.
monserrat_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monserrat-21.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by monserrat_21 »

I really enjoyed the series, I never understood why people gave them such a hard time. I liked the characters, the story was very entertaining and it's been a while since I read them but I'm pretty sure the writing was good.
nia92003

Post by nia92003 »

The book series is a classic work of art that I feel helped boost the vampire books of today and helped give them a platform. Though the movies do get alot of hate they too deserve as much recognition as the books do. Stephanie meyer is a literary genius and had even me crushing on the handsome southern hunk that is jasper whitlock hale.
Vaishali3327gupta

Post by Vaishali3327gupta »

Yes, of course. Books are literally the best than movies. While reading the Twilight, you will get every single details of the character, every expressions they made, unlike the movie. I recommend it as a "must read" book if you are a fan of vampires, zombies and a everlasting love story.
Apryll203

Post by Apryll203 »

I absoulty love this series! When I first started reading I was tempted to put the book down but i read the whole series! haha
Chahal Tilak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Chahal Tilak »

This series started my reading world. It was so hyped up as the first movie was just released and everyone was anticipating the next one. I couldn't put it down the plots were so interesting. :techie-studyingbrown: I fell in love with vampires though i didn't like bella much. Like I don't know she was a little creepy and weird. The chemistry between all the couples was ufffff amaaaazing.
I loved Jacob absolutely adored him. And well i have a fascination with werewolves sooo.
I want to visit Forks and the beach atleast once. Just imagine the book Bella living there.
Movies were okay-ish. I didn't watch the last two parts.
The best feature of the vampires in the book was no need for sleep. 😂 Totally loved it. Even though i love sleeping.
Ysa7777

Post by Ysa7777 »

This book has been my favorite so far. This book is the first book I've read for my entire life. 😭 I love the characters- I'm so inlove with them. I love the happenings, the settings, the story and everything about this book! I'm so inlove with this book.
cluthrie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejucide
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cluthrie.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by cluthrie »

Who is excited for Midnight Sun? August 4 release!

I will forever be fond of Twilight. Sure, it isn't the best book on earth, but I consistently have fun when rereading the series and when watching the movies with my friends and sisters. Such a series doesn't deserve the vitriol hurled at it by grown men!
coco12341

Post by coco12341 »

I'm dying to read it. I'm so glad Stephanie meyer finally released it I'm a massive twilight fan and I have read all the books watched all the movies and I just can't wait to see what she's got for us
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

cluthrie wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 10:32 Who is excited for Midnight Sun? August 4 release!

I will forever be fond of Twilight. Sure, it isn't the best book on earth, but I consistently have fun when rereading the series and when watching the movies with my friends and sisters. Such a series doesn't deserve the vitriol hurled at it by grown men!
This series got so many young girls into reading so imo it's brilliant. Even if the books weren't masterpieces they still encouraged a new generation of readers! I'm hoping to buy the new book soon!!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”