Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Angela Ormson
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Post by Angela Ormson »

Honestly, I definitely enjoyed the books more. I was so glad to have read them before watching the movies, but I gotta say that it definitely made it harder to watch the movies. While I love Robert Pattinson, I didn't like him for this role. Edward was an eternal 17 year old and think they could have found someone that looked closer to the age he was stuck at instead of getting someone that looked older.

The series itself seemed really well put together, though, and I do kinda miss the courage that Bella had in the books.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I enjoyed both the films and the books, I found them interesting. And I value them as a boost for reading for so many people. I remember talking with friends at that time that the first book series they read by their own choice was this one.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I enjoyed the Twilight books more than the movies. I love anything to do with vampires and these books did not overkill the concept as much as a lot of books and movies do. I loved the romance angle and the storyline. Bella was a bit annoying to me as a character but on the whole, they were a great series - a wonderful read in cold, stormy weather.
Ash Subra
Favorite Book: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-subra.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ash Subra »

First I watch the Twilight movie series. After watching the first movie in the series, I start to read the books. So for me, I liked both the movies and the books. It's always interesting to watch movie that are adapted from novel.
Laura Ismajli
Currently Reading: Keys to Healthy Communication
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ismajli.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Laura Ismajli »

I read the books when I was in middle school, and I definitely should have been a bit older :lol: I would like to re-read them as an adult. I quite enjoyed the movie series (despite the criticisms) and would like to revisit them in the future. I think that they are generally enjoyable, but at least for a late-teen audience.
Isabela Almeida
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabela-almeida.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Isabela Almeida »

I love Twilight, I was raised by the book's and movies and recommended for anyone who asks me. A good supernatural romance wins me easy
Sav Sparkman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

I am so happy to see so many others who enjoyed reading the Twilight series! This stands as one of my favorite series of all time. I was swept away with them as a teenager, and read each one before the movies came out in theatre. Because so many people had negative things to say, mostly people who are not interested in vampires or in YA romance to begin with, I struggled to enjoy the series for a while. But as an adult I have met many others who also enjoy Twilight, which has helped me rekindle my fondness for it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”