Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Re: Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

Julianna wrote: 17 Nov 2019, 18:26 I read the Twilight Series long before any of the movies came out. It was the first series I read after I got back into reading, years after college. I was thrilled with the whole series except for the final book. I felt it was anticlimactic. Everyone came, met, then left. I would still go back and read the books again. The characters were relatable and extremely sexy in the novels.

The movies did not live up to any part of the writing. I was completely over the nonsense 5 minutes into the first one. The people chosen for the roles were all wrong and the special effects were lame.
I actually didn't really enjoy the books or the movies (although admittedly the films were worse). I found that although it was too easy to read there just didn't seem to be as much effort in the characters or the stories. But that's probably because at the time I was reading books like Harry Potter and the Hunger Games (which I loved)
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

I don't really see the appeal of Twilight, and I admit that I've only read the first book in the series in middle school. Does it get better? It's somewhat a staple of book culture now, whether good or bad, and I would be willing to open them up again. I've heard bad things about the last books from fans though, so is it worth it if I didn't like them on my first try?
Weird_Illustrator
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-weird-illustrator.html
Latest Review: Otherside by Aaron Dennis

Post by Weird_Illustrator »

It's quite a long time since I've read the books but what I remember is that I finished the third and fourth one within two nights each so I guess I must have really enjoyed them at that time and I would still recommend them to everyone interested in teen-vampire literature
Mcydsgirl31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Mcydsgirl31 »

Hated the movies Cuz I read the books
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphne-asir.html
Latest Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence by Ki Is Your Host

Post by daphne_asir »

pdcyouthlibrary wrote: 06 Mar 2015, 11:49 I was surprised no had anything yet about Twilight! I understand the movie and the fan clubs about it all, yet I have to say that I read the books before the big drama of it all, and really enjoyed them. It was an extremely well written book series with different twists and turns that made the series amazing. I can't say that I enjoyed the movies at all, however the books were well done and would recommend. The hard part with recommending this series is that people have seen the movies and then they don't want to read the books because of that, but it's a good series that I'm have enjoyed for sure!
So true! I actually loved the book when I first read it. It was my first real novel. And I so do not regret it!
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

Mcydsgirl31 wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 20:59 Hated the movies Cuz I read the books
The books were really good. I understand why so many people didn't like the movies.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

Weird_Illustrator wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 14:55 It's quite a long time since I've read the books but what I remember is that I finished the third and fourth one within two nights each so I guess I must have really enjoyed them at that time and I would still recommend them to everyone interested in teen-vampire literature

I remember how obsessed I was with reading the last two books, eclipse and breaking dawn!
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

sevencrows wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 10:35 I don't really see the appeal of Twilight, and I admit that I've only read the first book in the series in middle school. Does it get better? It's somewhat a staple of book culture now, whether good or bad, and I would be willing to open them up again. I've heard bad things about the last books from fans though, so is it worth it if I didn't like them on my first try?

It is! The first and the last books are the best. But if you didn't like the first one, maybe it's not your genre? But still give it a try especially with midnight sun coming out !
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

Julianna wrote: 17 Nov 2019, 18:26 I read the Twilight Series long before any of the movies came out. It was the first series I read after I got back into reading, years after college. I was thrilled with the whole series except for the final book. I felt it was anticlimactic. Everyone came, met, then left. I would still go back and read the books again. The characters were relatable and extremely sexy in the novels.

The movies did not live up to any part of the writing. I was completely over the nonsense 5 minutes into the first one. The people chosen for the roles were all wrong and the special effects were lame.

I got into reading because of twilight. Before that all I read was Nancy drew and Hardy boys! Maybe that's why I loved it so much then.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

billking9278074 wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 04:07 This is the most awesome series of vampires and werewolf :D :D :D :D I really like the structure and content of the book.Hope to read another amazing book like this again :D :D :D
Glad to see someone who likes the books! Midnight sun is going to come out!! I'm so excited for this read.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

emmavandenberg wrote: 10 Mar 2015, 03:46 Stephanie Meyer is a gifted author who, when reading her stories one finds themselves completely lost and absorbed by her writings. It was an enjoyable, magical read of first and lasting love.

-- 10 Mar 2015, 03:55 --

I know I'm really late to this post but I loved the series and it's nice to see so many people appreciating the books!
Shirley Jackson
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

I watched the movies first and then read the books. The books were absolutely amazing except the ending. I thought it to be a little lame with the whole thing with Jacob falling in love with Bella's daughter.
Megan_89
Currently Reading: Flare
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Megan_89 »

I absolutely fell in love with the twilight series when I was a teenager. I read them back when it first came out. After waiting forever and finding out about the movies, it was a bit of a let down. The first movies was the best in my opinion. The second and third movies were so-so. And by the time the last book was turned into a movie it was in n to parts. Both parts were an extreme let down compared to the book.
Megan_89
Currently Reading: Flare
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Megan_89 »

Barbie_sidhu wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 02:49 I watched the movies first and then read the books. The books were absolutely amazing except the ending. I thought it to be a little lame with the whole thing with Jacob falling in love with Bella's daughter.
I agree with u, the ending was a huge disappointment. I thought Jacob falling in love with the daughter of the same lady he loved was not at all what I was expecting.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

Megan_89 wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 00:14
Barbie_sidhu wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 02:49 I watched the movies first and then read the books. The books were absolutely amazing except the ending. I thought it to be a little lame with the whole thing with Jacob falling in love with Bella's daughter.
I agree with u, the ending was a huge disappointment. I thought Jacob falling in love with the daughter of the same lady he loved was not at all what I was expecting.
True.. After such a wonderful story it was the most bizarre ending one can think about.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”