Review of North Star Rising

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Re: Review of North Star Rising

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I absolutely loved this review of North Star Rising! I'm so intrigued by the magical world of Tir Na Nor and the self-discovery journey that Amber embarks on. The way the reviewer described the characters, the plot, and the themes of music and family make me want to pick up the book and start reading right away. The reviewer's analysis of the book was so thorough and spot-on that I'm confident that I'll love this book as much as they did. Thank you for the great review!
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

This review is amazing! I love the way you summarized and analyzed the book North Star Rising by Darielle Mac. I love the themes of music, family, and self-discovery that you highlighted. I'm so intrigued by the concept of a soul gem and the magical island of Tir Na Nor. I can't wait to read this book and find out what Amber Emrys learns about her family and what she discovers on her journey!
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

I believe this book is a must-read for anyone who is looking to find their true self and embark on a journey of self-discovery. This book is a great example of how a fantasy story can take us on a journey of self-discovery. I look forward to reading this book in the future.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

By the way, I love the way you highlighted the characters and scenes, as well as the themes of music, family, and self-discovery. I also appreciate the fact that you included some of the songs featured in the book, as it has made me even more interested in reading it. It sounds like a captivating story.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

Gavice V wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 14:42 I like the way this fantasy story sounds. The celebration that is done at age fourteen, where oneself is celebrated and the person takes up a name, is it for both male and female? Also, will the individual abandon the name that he/she has been known for when the new name is taken? I'm just curious. I hope I'd get the opportunity to read this book.
I'm curious too. Does it mean that in their part of the world, parents give out only temporary names to their children and everyone have to find a permanent name for themselves when they grow up? It's kind of interesting though! Just in case I don't like the name my parents gave me, I can change it when I grow up!
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

Victoria Ukamaka wrote: 24 Oct 2022, 10:18 I love to read fantasy books and this book, North Star Rising, has caught my attention. I would love to read about the magical Island. I would also like to find out more about the Soul gem and how Amber's adventure went down.
If it is a story about a magical Island, then I'm in. I think I'm really going to enjoy reading North Star Rising by Darielle Mac. I can't wait to read it. And the bird seems to make the story more interesting with humor. I would love to find out how.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

I really enjoyed reading your review of North Star Rising by Darielle Mac! It sounds like a really interesting book, and it's clear that you really enjoyed reading it. I'm excited to learn more about Amber's journey to discover her soul gem and what she discovers about her family. It sounds like a really exciting adventure, and I'm looking forward to reading it in the future!
New Nikky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-new-nikky.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by New Nikky »

This is a very amazing review. I enjoy the sequence in which the review flowed. It where my appetite. I felt like I was in the book. Good job on this. I’m reading this book soon. Congrats on your published review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I'd love to read this book to understand more about this mention of a "soul gem" and how Amber aims to find hers, and what it truly entails. Beautiful review.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

This fantasy book is very interesting. I love how it is fictitious and yet still able to be a book on self discovery. I enjoyed the main character as described in your review. I also intend on reading the full book. Good job
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I absolutely loved the review of North Star Rising by Darielle Mac! It was so insightful and captured the story so well. I'm so intrigued by the magical island of Tir Na Nor and the idea of a soul gem guiding someone on their path of self-discovery. The imagery and descriptions of the characters and scenes really brought the story to life. wonderful review!
Ein Stein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ein-stein.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles

Post by Ein Stein »

I absolutely loved reading this review of North Star Rising by Darielle Mac! The author's style is so dynamic and beautiful and the book is full of captivating themes, characters, and scenes. I'm definitely looking forward to reading this book in the future.
John Johnson 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-johnson-12.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by John Johnson 12 »

I believe that Amber Emrys learned a lot about her family and herself on her journey of self-discovery. It's inspiring to see how she was able to take the courage to face the unknown and find her true destiny. I look forward to reading this book and discovering the secrets that Amber uncovers on her journey.
James Smith_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-smith-42.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by James Smith_ »

I absolutely loved reading this review of North Star Rising by Darielle Mac! I was captivated by the description of the magical island and the characters that inhabit it. I think the way the Islanders speak is fascinating, and the imagery at the beginning of each chapter is a great touch.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

I would like to say that this book is definitely worth reading. It is a great story that will teach you the importance of self-discovery and how to stay true to yourself. It is a story that will stay with you long after you have finished reading it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”