Review of Scrub Kids

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of Scrub Kids

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Scrub Kids" by Zachery Lee.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

James, John, and Zac were three boys who were determined to find their friend AJ after he mysteriously vanished. They'd even use space travel to bring him back so they wouldn't have to answer his parents' questions. They traveled with a guardian who guided them through the quest, where they encountered enigmatic beings on several planets. Read about how they overcame numerous hurdles to complete their quest.

The exciting book Scrub Kids by Zachery Lee is based on an adventure where a group of friends must overcome many difficulties, both good and bad, and they must have the strength to face what lies ahead of them and the people they will have to deal with to free their friend from the heartless beings who were holding him captive. I experienced a wide range of feelings while reading this book. Even though I am aware that it is a risky journey, I can appreciate the lengths some friends will go to. It piques my interest, and I frequently wonder if the various planets mentioned actually exist. I was afraid when they ran into problems. But then, having DS lead them through it warmed my heart.

Death Smiley, better known as DS, the boys' guardian, is helping them and is a true leader who patiently responded to all of their questions and led them on the journey. What I loved most about the book was the way he handled the situation and brought the lads to order while planning, scheming, and organizing their next journey. When he explained to them the origins of the creature that had taken their friends and how he intended to promote harmony and cooperation between two disparate planets, I respected him because of the excellent things he did in his role as a guardian. Zac exhibited the traits of a good friend who only wants to help get their friend back by continuing the trek even when the others were hesitant. When DS suggests helping with the plans, he is always eager and ready to learn and join the experience, which I was enamored of.

Understanding the novel and putting the words together proved challenging. I had to double-check to make sure I was still on track because the write-up was so muddled, and it was challenging to decipher the names of some of the locales and persons. It was difficult to tell who said what. As a result, I rate it three out of four stars.

The book is exceptionally well edited. I didn't find any mistakes in it. I recommend this book to people who like young adult and adventurous stories. It will carry them to the pinnacle of exploration.

Scrub Kids
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

This book sounds interesting but one of the things I love about the book is the love James, John, and Zac showed to their missing friend. They were determined to find him wherever he is. Good job.
Chris Walter Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-walter-mason.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Chris Walter Mason »

From your review, I perceive that these three friends James, John, and Zac are good friends. They never allowed their missing friend to go just like that. Good job. I think I will give this book a try.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The story line of the book seems interesting, but I wouldn't want to read a book that is challenging to easily decipher. Wonderful review welldone!!!
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This book has an exciting storyline, watching his friends go through so much to find him and to stay away from trouble is an interesting point. I would love to see the adventures the encounter from their space travel journey.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

The theme used in this novel is quite different and in a way, I like it. I would love to know what obstacles they encounter on their quest to find their friend and also what it was like traveling to the last in the writer's perspective.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Jan Di
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jan Di »

This book has an interesting storyline, knowing his friends go through so much to find him. I would like to know adventures in their journey.
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

It's heartwarming to read about the wonderful friendship they all share. This review provided the most comprehensive summary of the contents of the book.
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

Not everyone gets to have friends like James, John, and Zac who genuinely loves them and would do anything fir them. We pray for that.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”