Review of The Christian's Guide to Adulting

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of The Christian's Guide to Adulting

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Christian's Guide to Adulting" by Mark DuPré.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ever felt overwhelmed by this stage called Adulting? Have you wished to have a guide to help you through? Search no further. The Christian’s Guide to Adulting by Mark Dupré is a tactical approach. The book is divided into twenty-eight topics on understanding adult life better.

Adulting is one of the most sought-after yet hectic stages of life. In this period, one tries to settle into different aspects of life and grow into maturity. There are a lot of challenges faced and inner work to be done. As sensitive as this stage is, only some people know how to rigmarole their way through with little casualty. In this book, the author hosts about twenty-eight topics that affect teenagers growing into the adult stage and the adults themselves. He deals with an onslaught of issues and takes a candid honest-to-God approach in dishing out solutions. The topics include many rampant problems like comparison, social media, financial independence, love, and much more. Without further ado. Dive in!

Mark Dupré is a practical writer. He is incredibly candid but also empathic towards the cause of issues youths face, however self-inflicted they may be. He is particular in discussing these topics and breaks some into mini-series due to the broad scope—for instance, the student section three-fold series. The author picks on the pocketed areas others may not seem important to discuss with the youths and backs them up with solid advice. There were a lot of take-home points from this book, but I love this statement more. It says, "So first of all, stop comparing yourself. Others are there for us to learn from, not so we can get down on ourselves because we think we don't measure up."

I appreciate the balanced perspective the author had about the comparison topic. He took it from both the positive and the negative angle, leveraging on the best way to use it for your good. The subjects were exceedingly diverse and immensely interesting. This book drew me to the consciousness of innate traits one should fix as we blossom through this period. Every topic was hitting the nail on the head! However, my favorite subjects were, being a real winner, love, and you're not a loser. The discussion under these day-to-day practical issues was very resonating and apt. The author was able to key into the fears of most adults and drew an interesting perspective with very handy tips on how to overcome them.

This book is meticulously put together with a lot of consideration for the target audience. The author didn't waste time with preambles. Instead, he dived straight into the crux of the matter. In addition, this book was exceptionally edited and free from errors. Also, There is nothing I dislike about it. Therefore, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to teenagers on the threshold of adult life and young adults trying to find a way in their vast new reality. This book would make your journey easier

The Christian's Guide to Adulting
View: on Bookshelves
Jennifer Benítez 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-ben-tez-1.html
Latest Review: Nakhon Phanom by James I. Jouppi

Post by Jennifer Benítez 1 »

Good review.
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

Say no more, I'm definitely buying this book. I don't know how to handle being an adult at this stage of my life.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

A book that talks about problems adults were facing and provide solutions to those problems. The book subjects were diverse and interesting. I am glad you enjoyed reading the book. Thanks for the great review.
Tebugeleni Ndwandwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebugeleni-ndwandwe.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tebugeleni Ndwandwe »

This book sounds like exactly what I need right now. Great review. I really want to read this one
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

This book sounds worth reading. We all need guidance and different perspectives on handling life at different stages. There are so many challenges. Thank you for your informative review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”