The Sisterhood Of The Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
britinkiwiland
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Sisterhood Of The Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares

Post by britinkiwiland »

Signing in as britinkiwiland...

The Sisterhood Of The Travelling Pants is a wonderful story that follows four girls, their friendship and a pair of jeans.
When reading this book I felt I was on of the girls, I felt I had a friendship with each girl and I had the connection with the jeans.
This book is a brilliant book for young girls, I would read this book over and over to get the feeling of connection i did the first time.
This book left me feeling lost after I read it, I didnt know what to do with myself.
I highly recommend this book, it is full of love, laughter, heartbreak, tears and growth.
Read this book.

britinkiwiland
katiekat08
Currently Reading: Bloodletting
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiekat08.html

Post by katiekat08 »

I completely agree with you. I have a tight knit group of friends, and I definitely see the four of us in the sisterhood. It was very well written in capturing the energy and friendship of teenage/young adult girls. Therefore, I feel like almost anyone can identify to the book. This also helps to draw you in and keep you hooked, not only in the first book, but throughout the entire series.
I am in college, and I still find myself returning to this series periodically because you just never fully leave the sisterhood.
Stand_tall
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stand-tall.html

Post by Stand_tall »

Okay I have a question about the book:

Is there something that happens that involves adult situations or something similar? Because I remember back in fifth grade, a fellow peer received the book as a Christmas present and after hearing that she got the book, one of the teachers came in and took the book from her. After a couple of minutes, the same teacher came back and replaced the book with a different book. So I was just wondering about the events that took place.
KacieLW
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kacielw.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by KacieLW »

I loved this series as well. I read it many years ago but I have been thinking about reading it again. At the time that I was reading it, I got the the whole series very quickly. I only just realized that there is a fifth book as well that takes place years later when the girls are almost thirty I think. Maybe I was just the last to hear about this, but I was quite surprised. I want to read the original four books again before reading the fifth one.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
BookSavvy90
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksavvy90.html
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane

Post by BookSavvy90 »

This is hands down one of my favorite series of all time. It makes me feel like I'm going on an adventure with the girls and the pants. I first read it when I was somewhere between 13 and 15 years old so it was really relateable for me (especially since like Carmen, I'm heavy, Hispanic, and a dreamer with a hot temper). I absolutely fell in love with these books. So much so that when I finished the last book I cried like a freaking baby because I didn't know what I was going to do now that it was over. This story will always be near and dear to my heart no matter how old I get, because I know that if life gets tough and I need a much needed mental vacation I can always turn to the four books about girls and a pair of magical pants.

:D
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

Stand_tall wrote: 15 Jul 2016, 20:41 Okay I have a question about the book:

Is there something that happens that involves adult situations or something similar? Because I remember back in fifth grade, a fellow peer received the book as a Christmas present and after hearing that she got the book, one of the teachers came in and took the book from her. After a couple of minutes, the same teacher came back and replaced the book with a different book. So I was just wondering about the events that took place.
It depends on how you define “adult situations”. This book is probably more suitable for middle schoolers or high schoolers. Because it is a coming of age book, there are parts where the characters discuss puberty, and also some intimacy with boys they have crushes on. I can see why a teacher would not want a fifth grade student to read it, and I would probably classify it as PG13 if we were going off of movie ratings.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

This is one of the best series that details women’s friendships and focuses on them growing up together

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”