Review of Diaires of Angels

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vine Michael
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vine-michael.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Review of Diaires of Angels

Post by Vine Michael »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Diaires of Angels" by KEB.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What do you picture heaven as?
Diaries of Angels, written by KEB, is a collection of a series of diary entries by a group of adolescents. It follows three kids in heaven. Anna, Peter, and William write in their separate diaries about their experiences living in Kempis, Heaven. It is a fascinating fantasy novel about a world or planet called Heaven. The book is narrated in a first-person narrative that switches perspectives between the kids. This is the first book in the Seals of Separation series by the author.

The first chapter was titled "Awakening." And it starts with Anna’s entry. She arrived in Heaven in 1786 at 8 years old. The entry was dated to be in June 1842. She was racing with Peter and William to the gate. And for the first time, she won them both. The next entry was by William. He arrived in 1787 at 9 years old. His entry was dated November 18, 1842. Here he describes his home, Kempis, and how he keeps Peter and Anna out of trouble. The next entry is Peter’s, the oldest among the children. He arrived on July 16, 1669. He is fascinated by buildings and the science of everything. He is more knowledgeable than the others. What does life as an angel have in store for them?

One thing I liked was how descriptive she was. The description of the setting makes it so easy to picture the initially abstract idea. The description is a bit of what I imagine heaven to look like. A reader can smell the flowers and walk the streets. Another thing I liked was the camaraderie between the kids. Their banter was light and fun. A part of me found it funny that they were made to go to school in heaven. The tranquility and the picture of unity in this heaven are great. The definition of true wealth really sank deep into me. Any reader would finish this book with a lot more insight into life than they had before reading it. I liked the lingo introduced in the book, for example, amphillis, which means years, and prontabs, which means days.

The author is obviously very talented. I can see how complex it would be to craft this amazing story. I think this is the first time I’ve read a book written in such a way. The style and tone of the writing did not seem or sound stiff or forced. Everything flowed beautifully to form this amazing story. I liked the ingenuity of the author and how she always reminded the readers subtly that we are all under 12 years old by adding some spelling mistakes and crooked writing that would be obvious if you had a child around those ages.

I rate this book five out of five stars because it is a work of art. I found absolutely nothing to dislike about this book. It seems to have been professionally and exceptionally edited and written. I recommend this book to kids over twelve and adults interested in fantasy novels.

Diaires of Angels
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It would be very difficult to write a book about the details of heaven because the author has obviously never been there. There aren’t even any first-hand accounts to rely on.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

The definition of true wealth really sank deep into me.
I wonder what's the definition of true wealth the author says. It sounds like the book has a very nice imagination about heaven place. Wonderful review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Joshua Kameta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cam-joshua.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Joshua Kameta »

I have imagined how heaven would look like, however, everytime I picture it, I see a different outlook. Diaries of Angel seems to be a good one to look at.
Vine Michael
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vine-michael.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Vine Michael »

Amy Luman wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 12:56 It would be very difficult to write a book about the details of heaven because the author has obviously never been there. There aren’t even any first-hand accounts to rely on.
It’s a picture of she imagines it to be, not fact. It’s like a fantasy world.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”