Twilight or The Vampire Diaries?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Infinity Zero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Re: Twilight or The Vampire Diaries?

Post by Infinity Zero »

For fantasy stories, It's exciting to read and for Twilight and Vampire Diaries, it's the characters who make the story exiting and also the relationships and romance as well as the adventure of the story.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

The Vampire Diaries! Twilight is nice, but it couldn't provide half the plot TVD gave.
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

I would definitely say Twilight. In my opinion, Twilight has a great plot line and the characters are nicely developed. It definitely had me hooked and I would stay up all night to finish the books.
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Sibongokuhle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sibongokuhle »

Twilight is definitely a fun novel to read . The most fun part about reading the twilight novel is that you can definitely feel all kinds of emotions ,especially enthusiasm and you can definitely feel somehow connected to the characters.
Alet Van Tonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alet-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Alet Van Tonder »

Both were enjoyable at the time of release, but I can't imagine watching more than 8 hours of Bella and Edward or reliving the drama of Damon/Stefan and Elena. Seems like the time for these have come and gone for me.
SparkindaGl0
Currently Reading: On Becoming Me: Memoir of an 80's Teenager
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by SparkindaGl0 »

It is twilight for life for me. I cannot put those book down after reading them once then again. Stephenie Meyer writing style captivated me like no other and she is the reason I started writing 10 years ago.
Dimplezonli
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dimplezonli »

I love vampire diaries i love the intensity an the adrenaline rush u get while watching
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I prefer The Vampire Diares. Even thought the last seasons weren't great, the first ones where amazing.
Rosie Ziarnik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosie-ziarnik.html
Latest Review: Souljourner by Paul Steven Stone
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Rosie Ziarnik »

ashbrooke wrote: 16 Jun 2015, 14:58 I'm in love with both Twilight and The Vampire Diaries, but for the books, Twilight catches my eye more. It's a book I can pick up at any time and just read it. It's my go-to book. I take it everywhere, in case I just decide to read. It's such a beautiful book, with amazing characters. So beautifully written. When I start reading it, I can't put it down.

What do you think?
I personally haven't read the Vampire Diaries series, but I have read Twilight.I will personally always be in love with the Twilight books. I do have a love for the movies, but if I'm choosing to sit and watch something and my options were those above, I'd rather binge the Vampire Diaries series over the Twilight movies.
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

I haven't given vampire diaries a try so I wouldn't judge but I absolutely loved twilight a lot more than my normal average vampiric novels.
Angela Ormson
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Angela Ormson »

If we are going based on the books specifically, I definitely would go with Twilight. Vampire Diaries always good but there was just so many different twists and turns even in just each book that I got lost easily. Twilight kept it more easy to follow, at least for me, personally.
Katie Valencia
Currently Reading: The Seven or Eight Deaths of Stella Fortuna
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-valencia.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Katie Valencia »

When I was younger, I probably would’ve said Twilight hands down. I am a chronic re-reader though and looking at Twilight from a more mature POV…. some of the things as a teen I found to be romantic or endearing now give me the ick. I’d have to go Vampire Diaries on this one.
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

I read the Twilight series before the movies came out, and as a teen I enjoyed both the books and the movies! As an adult, I still find the books compelling, but the movies less so. I have never read the Vampire Diaries series, but from what I’m reading in this forum, I think they may be worth the read! I watched the CW tv series and was very into it as a kid. I have heard they broke away from the original story line in the show, so I am interested to see what is different in the books.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”