Twilight or The Vampire Diaries?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vivisbooks
Currently Reading: Shadow Kiss
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivisbooks.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Re: Twilight or The Vampire Diaries?

Post by Vivisbooks »

I absolutely love Vampire Diaries
mommyreadsbooks
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommyreadsbooks.html
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mommyreadsbooks »

I would have to say book wise I liked Twilight better but T.V/Movie/visual wise it has to be The Vampire Diaries. I watched all of the Twilight Saga movies, but bad acting is bad acting. I don't love Kristen Stewart and there are some awkward moments between the characters that you can truly see on their faces.
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
lovereading2
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovereading2.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by lovereading2 »

I've read both, and granted, I read Twilight first, but I liked Twilight much more. :)
MTNS+bks88
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtns-bks88.html

Post by MTNS+bks88 »

VD hands down. It always felt more "real" for me. Both in the way it was written as well as the story line.
naniminna
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naniminna.html

Post by naniminna »

Honestly, I think both book series had their flaws. As a personal choice, I would choose the Vampire Diaries to reread. It was easy to read through. Twilight was okay, but there were specific events that happened in that series that just made me cringe. Both books were repetitive and I wouldn't select either series to reread if that were an option. They're just not my cup of tea I guess.
Mannie913
Currently Reading: Sweep Volume 3
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mannie913.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Mannie913 »

I haven't read the Vampire Diaries because I secretly felt like that would be cheating on Stephanie Meyer and Twilight. I know, sounds ridiculous BUT from what everyone keeps saying about the Vampire Diaries I just I'm going to have to pick them up. Thanks.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
FearStreetZombie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fearstreetzombie.html

Post by FearStreetZombie »

The Originals. hands down. LOL! Love me some Klaus. XD haha but yeah I like all three honestly. I wish I could get all the Vampire Diary books but sheesh, that is gonna take a while.
jwheeler28
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwheeler28.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by jwheeler28 »

This is a hard one to answer as I am a fan of both, but if I have to choose, I would have to say Twilight. Stephanie Meyers is a great author. I have read these books at least once, and love the way they were able to turn each book into a great movie too. I do say that the books are better than the movies, as they usually are.

When it comes to the Vampire Diaries, I cant give much of a response because I haven't read the books yet, but have watched the show. This does make me want to read it though.
ande-ny
Currently Reading: The Heir
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ande-ny.html
Reading Device: B01C5QLN7A

Post by ande-ny »

I just love them both so much, but when put up against anything Twilight will always win in my ultra biased opinion. Just for the fact I divulged so much time into the series from when I was 10 to like 14 it was everything to me and made me really happy at that age. I loved it a lot both the books and movies and I own majority of content created that pertains to it so although The Vampire Diaries was good it doesn't compare to the love I have for the angsty Bella CULLEN and the dreary rain plagued Forks Washington Stephanie Meyers introduced me to. :D
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

When it comes to the books, I'll have go with Twilight too. I liked watching Vampire Diaries but I didn't like the books too much. Have you ever read the books based off of True Blood? That book series is one of vampire stories to read.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Ckennedy
Currently Reading: Divergent
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ckennedy.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by Ckennedy »

I like Twilight, but Vampire Diaries is definitely what I prefer!
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Amagine wrote:When it comes to the books, I'll have go with Twilight too. I liked watching Vampire Diaries but I didn't like the books too much. Have you ever read the books based off of True Blood? That book series is one of vampire stories to read.
Would not recommend True Blood books to those under 18!!! But it is a good series and one I read after Twilight.

I loved Twilight at the time because I was still in school and all of my friends were reading it whilst the first film was out. Looking back though it's full of flaws and doesn't leave a good message and Bella and Edward are not good characters. Saying that though it was perfect for angsty teens and I read it a few times whilst going through my first break up so I could be all sad like Bella :o

I haven't read any of the vampire diaries but liked the show.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
StefanieAH
Currently Reading: Midnight Kisses: An Erotic Friends-with-Benefits Sports Romance
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by StefanieAH »

I The Vampire diaries as a series but the books don't really do it for me, maybe it's because it's been a long time since I read them, but as far as I remember; they confused me a lot and they weren't really getting my attention - but the series is really good.
With Twilight it's the opposite; I love the books and I don't even know how many times I've read them anymore... But the movies annoys me. I feel like they've changed too much and I feel like they could've chosen some better actors. - But that's just my opinion.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I liked the Twilight books a lot more than The Vampire Diaries. I felt that Twilight told a more compelling story that was easier to follow, and in the books, Bella was a lot more interesting to read about than Elena.
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

Neither lol. I would have initially said Vampire Diaries, but they lost the plot as the series progressed. Don't know if the ghostwriter had anything to do with it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”