Review of Marlowe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shanesha Sammerson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 234
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Review of Marlowe

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Marlowe" by Mark Mc Quown.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do mice frighten or disgust you? Well, after reading Marlowe by Mark Mc Quown, I am confident that your opinion of them will change. Marlowe is a captivating and heartwarming story that will appeal to readers of all ages. The plot revolves around Marlowe, a mouse, who forms an unlikely friendship with Cole, a boy.

Marlowe learns to read and write as the two embark on a journey together, and he assists Cole in discovering a hidden treasure that can save their farm. Unfortunately, after paying off their debt and leaving the farm, the family is confronted with a threat that not only threatens them but the entire world. Join Marlowe and Cole on an adventure to help save the world.

The character development in this book is excellent. Marlowe is a charming and endearing mouse who learns to overcome his fears and embrace his strengths. Cole, too, is a relatable and sympathetic character who faces his own challenges and learns important lessons about perseverance and friendship. The plot is well-crafted and full of twists and turns that keep the reader engaged from start to finish. The addition of Ms. Penny, the cunning and malicious cat who is out to get Marlowe, adds an extra layer of tension and excitement to the story.

One of the most impressive aspects of Marlowe is the way that it seamlessly blends entertainment with education. Through Marlowe's journey of learning to read and write, young readers are exposed to important literacy skills that are presented in a fun and accessible way. Throughout the story, Marlowe's determination, intelligence, and bravery were on full display. He proved that even the smallest creature can make a big difference, and his unwavering loyalty to Cole and his family was truly heartwarming.

Overall, Marlowe is a delightful and inspiring book that is sure to become a beloved classic. Mark Mc Quown has created a memorable cast of characters and a compelling storyline that will leave readers both entertained and enlightened. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a heartwarming and engaging read. Marlowe is a delightful character that readers will fall in love with. His courage and intelligence are an inspiration to us all, and his story is one that will stay with readers long after the final page has been turned. This book has no flaws other than the fact that it was not professionally edited, as evidenced by numerous errors, and thus deserves 4 out of 5 stars.

Marlowe
View: on Bookshelves
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I am not a fan of mice. They terrify me. I hope reading this book will help me appreciate them. Thanks for the review!
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I am not a fan of mice. They terrify me. I hope reading this book will help me appreciate them. Thanks for the review!
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

"he assists Cole in discovering a hidden treasure that can save their farm". I am interested to know how he happened to do that. Thanks for your review. I had to find out by reading the book.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”