Review of Dream Nexus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samantha Barnes 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-barnes-3.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Review of Dream Nexus

Post by Samantha Barnes 3 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dream Nexus" by Wenonah Lyon.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book Dream Nexus, written by Wenonah Lyon, is a fantastic sci-fi novel that takes place during the 1940s and the 1990s. The story begins by introducing Jean Marie as she wakes up from a disturbing dream that she can't seem to remember. Jean Marie is a young student attending school in Texas with her best friend Sophia during the 1990s; however, after realizing she has dreams of the past, she wonders if there is more to her dreams than meets the eye.

Another girl that is introduced in the story is Jeannette. Jeannette is a young hospital patient during World War II who has dreams of the future and a girl named Jean Marie. The two girls quickly learn to communicate and begin to wonder how Jean Marie's meddling in the past will affect the future.

One detail I enjoyed about this book is that Jean Marie's life slightly reflects Jeannette's life. Even though there are major differences, such as Jean Marie having a loving mother, a big house, and access to modern technology, the people that Jean Marie encounters throughout her day reflect the people that Jeannette encounters in her life. I liked that the novel explained who was similar to who and drew connections between the characters because it added to the mystery surrounding the two girls.

I also enjoyed that this book did not ever fully answer the questions I developed as I was reading. Instead of directly informing me of all the answers to the questions I had, the story gave me hints as I read and let me draw my own conclusions. The constant building of the mystery kept me glued to the pages, and there were so many twists and turns in the story that I could never tell what was going to happen next.

My only complaint about this book is that it was not longer. This was a relatively short novel, and I became so enthralled by the story that I read it in one sitting and felt like I needed more. Furthermore, this book was professionally edited, as I only noticed one very minor error that did not hinder my reading experience in the slightest.

Due to the reasons listed above, I rate this novel 5 out of 5 stars. This book had me captivated from the beginning until the end. This would be a great novel for anyone looking for a quick read. This would also be a fun book for people who are interested in World War II.

Dream Nexus
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

The book title is interesting and worth reading by everyone. Your review also increased my curiosity over dreams. I must read th book to know more about dream. Thanks
Will+12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-will-12.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Will+12 »

I love the title of this book, it seems to interest me. Your review is such a wonderful one. It worths your rating of the book. All believers should also read it.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I wonder if Jean Marie's dreams aren't from her past life? Interesting novel.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”