Review of Life Skills for Teens

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of Life Skills for Teens

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life Skills for Teens" by Kylee Taylor.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life Skills for Teens by Kylee Taylor is a book that provides a lot of tips and tricks that can be really beneficial for teens when starting their lives. The book handles many subjects. It starts with talking about managing money, saving, and investing. Then, it talks about decisions related to food and shelter. After that, it gives some available transportation options and advice regarding them. It also discusses the importance of an emergency plan. The book gives very important advice on how to become a better person on many levels. It teaches you how to work on yourself. It talks about accepting differences between people on many levels. Finally, it talks about stress and gives some advice on how to handle it.

I found the book to be very beneficial. Actually, the tips in the book are life skills for everyone. The nice thing here is that it can be introduced early and in an organized form. Maybe people of older ages can find many things in the book to be simple. They can feel that they already have this knowledge. However, didn't we all wish for guidance and direction at a younger age? The earlier you learn skills, the more benefits you get.

There is nothing to hate about this book. It addressed certain topics and covered them with good details. I like that the author was cautious while giving the tips and gave warnings here and there. You're addressing people who are still learning. So, literal advice can cause problems. It was smart of the author to watch out for such a thing. The book had some pictures between its pages. They were okay. They added a touch of color to the book. I would have preferred the number of words on the page to be less. It felt a little crowded. More spacing would have helped, too.

The book fulfills its purpose and provides valuable and basic advice for someone who is just starting out. Therefore, I rate it five out of five stars. The book received professional editing. I could only notice two minor errors that didn't affect the flow of the book.

I recommend the book to teens who feel lost and want to start their lives confidently. I see that the book is very important for parents who are raising teens as well. It organizes your mind on many things you need to teach your kid. I can see really fruitful discussions about the topics in the book. I advise you to read the book in portions to absorb and process the information in it.

Life Skills for Teens
View: on Bookshelves
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Adeoluwa Adebusuyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeoluwa-adebusuyi.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Adeoluwa Adebusuyi »

This is a good and well written review. You captured all the important components of the book and I would definitely love to try out this book. Well done.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This review is well detailed and captivating. It contains the important information about the book. I'm looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for a wonderful review.
ViviVivid
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Teenage could be a period of confusion and bad decisions. Books like these can help teenagers find direction and make better choices.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

This sounds like a handy book. It's better to be equipped early on about how the world works. Thanks for the review.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

Being a teenager is one of the most confusing times. It is also the time of so many questions, and a book written specifically with teens in mind is a wonderful concept. Learning about money is a particularly interesting one as teens are young enough to be able to implement what they have learned before they enter college or start working.
Ivy_reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-reads.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Ivy_reads »

Teaching teenagers about saving money and investing at an early age is very important. Thank you for your review

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”