Review of On My Knees

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of On My Knees

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "On My Knees" by Jaice Waashington Steve.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Mrs. Steve, Monie is missing, and I think something bad has happened." This was the call that changed Janice's life. Her son's friend made that call when he couldn't find him. Her body became cold, and the chill remained with her. Later, she learned that her beloved son, the one that took most care of her and the only one who called her mother, was murdered. He was shot many times in his apartment. In On My Knees: #positionofcomfort, Janice Genath Washington Steve tells the story of her terrible loss. She starts the book with some little stories about her son. He was a caring and helpful human. He always checked on his mother. On his last visit there, it seemed he had a feeling something was about to happen. Some signs came to Janice and her mother, too. They searched for him until, one day, the cops found the evidence, and he was declared murdered. You can grab the book to see this mother talk about her horrible loss and how she handled it.

I liked the sincere feelings I got from the book. My heart was breaking with every word this mother wrote. I felt that she poured her heart out on the paper. I admire her courage for being able to tell such a story with its painful details. I couldn't help but admire Ver'mon's character and the good human he was. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her loss.

There was nothing to hate about this book. It was painful, but so is the truth. I was amazed at the ability of Janice to have such a good heart. She amazed me with her attitude at the court towards the mother of her son's killer. The photos that the writer chose to attach to the book were really touching. There were some photos of Ver'mon, the poster of him missing, and photos from his funeral and the news. It felt like she was documenting this difficult journey.

The writer had a good style of writing and told her story sincerely. The book received professional editing. I found no errors while browsing its pages. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars.

I recommend the book to people who like reading personal stories. If you've lost a loved one, this can be a big trigger. However, it may offer you some consolation. The writer's belief in God gave her the strength she needed to move on. This can offer a good example.

On My Knees
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nomfuzo Moni
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nomfuzo Moni »

On my knees just to see the cover, the picture told me to believe nothing is impossible to our Lord I can rate more stars
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

This sounds like a highly emotional book about losing a loved one.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This sounds like a very sad story of a mum losing her son, and then healing through sharing this story. Thanks for a great review!
Ivy_reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-reads.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Ivy_reads »

The pain of losing a child is unbearable. I would like to know how she coped. Great review!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”