Review of Hildy's Gift

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Review of Hildy's Gift

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hildy's Gift" by Elisabeth Wathen.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Hildy lived with her father in California before he was called to join a research project in Switzerland, where he would be gone for a year. Realizing that Hildy wouldn't be able to go with him, he wanted her to stay with the Jamesons, the family of Hildy's friend, Stella, but they were going on vacation. While at home, Hildy's great aunt, Aunt Tabitha, sent him a message and asked him to bring Hildy to her. She later packed her things and went on a trip to Portland to stay with her for the summer. While staying with her great aunt, she enrolled in Lewis and Clark Middle School. On the day of their harvest fair, Hildy and Mac were assigned to the Gypsy Fortune Telling tent for the event, and after the event, something extraordinary happened that changed Hildy's life. Hildy's Gift by Elisabeth Wathen details the life of Hildy and how she discovered her supernatural abilities. Do you want to know what Hildy's abilities are? Reading this book will tell you more.

Reading this book gave me a better understanding of paranormal activities and how a change of environment could help us discover and tap into our inner selves, as it did to Hildy. I also understood the value of true friendship, as it existed between Hildy and her friends. Furthermore, I understood that some friends could bring out the best in us and be our pulling force toward greatness.

What I enjoyed and loved about this book was how Hildy's great aunt, Aunt Tabitha, treated her. She let her do things at her own pace and would always be there to help her if she needed anything. I also loved how Hildy and her friends, Mac and Will, met after school to either help each other with their assignments or do some experimentation on Hildy's abilities. The way Hildy felt compassion for Liza because of what happened to her, not minding how she was treated by her, was also something I admired.

This book did not cause any concern for me, and I didn't see anything to criticize about it as I was engrossed while reading each chapter. This book had a lot of suspense, and I was imagining what would happen in the next chapter. In my reading of this book, I noticed some errors, but they didn't hinder my reading process. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, as I couldn't think of giving it anything less than that.

I recommend this book to those who would love to know about paranormal activities and forces of the unknown, as they would find it intriguing and engrossing to read.

Hildy's Gift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

Hildy sure has a gift, but I wonder what it was and if she used it for the greater good or evil. I guess I will never know until I read the book. Nice review.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

This is an interesting and well thought of book. This is also an interesting and well-written review. This is also a book that I would definitely love to try out. Thank you for this wonderful review.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

This is an interesting and fascinating review. I love how Hildy was treated. I will also love to know what her supernatural ability was and how she used it.
Fergie Jess Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jess-edeni.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Fergie Jess Edeni »

This is an amazing and interesting review. I enjoyed it and the author did incredibly well. I would love to read more about this book. Great review.
Jerry Spencer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Post by Jerry Spencer »

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting anything supernatural. The book is quite simple so there are no hints. The story seems nice and easy going so I can only wonder about her future supernatural abilities and the energy it adds to the story.
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

It is usually strange the situations that unlocks one's super powers. The situations are sometimes something to relish and its strange.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

The plot of this book piqued my interest and you gave it a wonderful review I look forward to reading this book. Good review.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

It's great that you noted that the book was professionally edited, which adds to the credibility of the author and the book. It's always refreshing to read a well-edited book that's easy to understand.
Victor Ayub Migos
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-ayub-migos.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Victor Ayub Migos »

Sounds like an interesting book to read. I love books about dark magic and paranormal events. They sound so amaizing.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

Hildy's Gift" by Elisabeth Wathen seems like an interesting book I would love to read. Paranormal activities always pose to be a form of mystery. Kudos.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

It will be interesting to know and read about what Hildy’s gift is. Was her dad able to keep up with the bees? I’ll like to read this book to know more. Well done!
Kenny Geneva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny-geneva.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Kenny Geneva »

I appreciate the author of this book for a nice job this book is fascinating and entertaining to read. Nice review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”