Review of Keva

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ebele Ekelobi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Review of Keva

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Keva" by Hamilton Williams.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Keva by Hamilton Williams commenced with a dog that seemed to have an altered life. He had glowing blue eyes but did not really feel at home with his body. He woke up in a junkyard with no memories, but he had a name tag around his neck with 'Keva' engraved on it. The issue was that he remembered his name, and it was not Keva; it was Alhois. He set out to escape the walls of the junkyard and put together the missing bits and pieces of his life in order to discover who he was and how he ended up in the metal junkyard. However, he encountered his first obstacle, which was a metal scrap compactor machine.

Outside the walls of the junkyard, Alhois encountered his first friends or allies; they were two dogs, Nakoa and Simi. He barely trusted them initially, but they became his companions on his journey to discover his past and himself. Nakoa felt a need to protect him from the start, the same way he did with Simi. Alhois discovered that there had been an invasion that led to the mass killing of humans by the Etongee (aliens), who felt they were a threat to the animals. That led him to check the invasion archives that kick-started his journey to the Grasslands. Discover if Alhois ever saw any humans and got back his life or if he failed in his attempt.

The plot twist in this book is commendable. It could be seen when Alhois made the discovery about his initial status before taking on the body of a dog. It added a lot of spice and change to the storyline. I also liked how straightforward and precise the story was. There were no unnecessary characters and events that would only serve to elongate the book. The storyline was original too. There were no cliché parts to the book. The illustrations further helped to showcase the imagery in the story. I found it rather helpful that the description of the animals in the story was rather strange and different from the usual animal types. The diction of the book was immaculate as well. There were no grammatical errors, and I applaud the author for that because it showed he selected brilliant editors who ensured the book was exceptionally well edited.

The ending of this story is somewhat uncertain, but if the book has a sequel, which I believe the author is probably working on, then the ending it has is best to build suspense and anticipation for the next book. That said, I wouldn’t fault the author for this negative point if he plans to release a sequel.

I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. It is a well-written book with a great storyline and nice illustrations. Also, to mention a second time, it was exceptionally well edited. There's no good reason to remove a star from my rating.

I recommend Keva to young adults who are interested in adventure or invasion stories. It will also interest readers who love to read about interactions between animals.

Keva
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Terone Drummond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Terone Drummond »

Wow I really love this book it's well illustrated and fun to read if i should rate it from 1-10 it will be a 100000000000000000
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Chris Agbara »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the book Keva by Hamilton Williams. I appreciate how you provided a brief summary of the plot, highlighting the main character's journey to discover his identity and past, as well as the obstacles he faces along the way.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
holywriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holywriter.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by holywriter »

I'm intrigued by the concept of the aliens invading and the animals being the protagonists. Your review has piqued my curiosity about Keva.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”