Review of Heaven Is Closer Than You Think

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of Heaven Is Closer Than You Think

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Heaven Is Closer Than You Think" by Fred Blom.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Fred was a young child who had been taught that there was no God, but an experience he had when fleeing from home aroused his curiosity about learning more about God and hoping to encounter him again. His parents and family were among those who were ignorant of God and refused to seek him because they believed he didn't exist. At the age of eight, Fred fell ill with scarlet fever and realized the existence of God through the prayer of his attending doctor, Dr. Morrison. This experience inspired him to pray whenever he fell sick, even when he didn't fully comprehend who God was. He also believes that his recovery from the illness was due to Dr. Morrison's prayer. Read this book to learn more about the author's life journey and testimonies.

Fred Blom's Heaven Is Closer Than You Think is a compelling book that offers a new perspective on life, death, and the afterlife. The author convincingly argues that heaven is not some remote, far-away destination that we can only envisage but rather something we may experience right now. Fred bases his thesis on his personal experiences as well as those of others. He shares the stories of those who have had near-death experiences, spiritual awakenings, and encounters with angels and other celestial beings. These encounters, he believes, demonstrate that heaven is closer than we realize.

Fred is neither a theologian nor a religious leader, but rather a common person who has experienced exceptional experiences. This adds to the force of his message, as he speaks from a place of genuineness and humility. He does not profess to have all the answers but rather gives his prayers, thoughts, and observations in the hope that they will resonate with others. Another quality of the work is its emphasis on the present moment. The author highlights the significance of living in the present rather than continually thinking about the past or the future. He argues that heaven is not some far-off destination that we need to strive for but rather something that we can experience right now by being fully present in the moment and leaning toward the awakening of our salvation.

Fred also questions accepted ideas about what heaven is meant to be like. He contends that heaven is a condition of being rather than a location. It is available to everyone, independent of our behaviors or beliefs, and is not a reward for good behavior. Additionally, he contends that heaven is a place for the soul to develop and evolve rather than a place of permanent rest. The author's capacity to establish a personal connection with readers is one of this book's qualities. He uses humor and personal tales to illustrate his views and writes in a conversational tone that is easy to read and understand.

He is also very honest and open about his struggles, pains, and doubts, which makes him more relatable to readers. I love how each chapter begins with a greeting of warmth and love. I also appreciate the solemn input of Bible verses to drive his point and testimonies home. However, one of the noticeable drawbacks of the book is that it can be a bit repetitive at times.

This is a beautifully written and thought-provoking book that challenges traditional notions of heaven and the afterlife while offering comfort and inspiration to readers. The book is exceptionally well edited, and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in spirituality or metaphysics and looking for a fresh perspective on the afterlife or who is seeking to live a more divine, fulfilling, and meaningful life in the present moment. I rate this book five out of five stars for how appealing and comforting it is to read.

Heaven Is Closer Than You Think
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Habibur Rahman Sabbir
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Habibur Rahman Sabbir »

"Heaven Is Closer Than You Think" is a spiritual book written by Fred Blom. It explores the concept of heaven and how it can be experienced in our daily lives. Blom draws upon his own personal experiences and insights to provide readers with a thought-provoking and inspiring read.

The book is divided into several chapters, each focusing on a different aspect of heaven. Blom starts by introducing the idea of heaven and how it can be found within us. He emphasizes the importance of being present and mindful in our everyday lives, as this can help us connect with the divine within us.

Blom then goes on to discuss the various ways in which we can experience heaven. He talks about the importance of forgiveness, gratitude, and love, and how these qualities can bring us closer to heaven. He also explores the concept of surrender, and how letting go of control can help us connect with the divine.

One of the most interesting chapters of the book is "Heaven on Earth." In this chapter, Blom discusses how we can create a heavenly experience in our daily lives. He provides readers with practical tips on how to cultivate peace, joy, and love in our lives. He also emphasizes the importance of living in the present moment, rather than constantly worrying about the past or the future.

Another chapter of the book focuses on the idea of death and the afterlife. Blom provides readers with a comforting perspective on death, emphasizing that it is not the end but rather a transition to another realm. He also talks about the importance of living a meaningful life, as this can help us prepare for the afterlife.

Throughout the book, Blom uses personal anecdotes and stories to illustrate his points. He shares his own spiritual journey, including his experiences with meditation, prayer, and other spiritual practices. This makes the book relatable and easy to read, as readers can connect with Blom's personal experiences.

One of the strengths of the book is its focus on practical advice. Blom provides readers with concrete steps they can take to connect with the divine and experience heaven in their lives. He also includes exercises and meditations at the end of each chapter, allowing readers to put his advice into practice.

However, some readers may find the book a bit repetitive. Blom covers many similar themes throughout the book, and some of his points are reiterated several times. Additionally, while the practical advice is helpful, some readers may find it overly simplistic.

In conclusion, "Heaven Is Closer Than You Think" is a thought-provoking and inspiring book. Blom's personal experiences and practical advice make it easy to connect with his ideas and put them into practice. While some readers may find the book repetitive, it is still a valuable read for anyone looking to deepen their spiritual practice and connect with the divine.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Your recommendation to read this book, especially for those who feel stuck in their current situation, is so valuable. Books can be a powerful tool for inspiring change and helping people see things from a different perspective. I'm glad to hear that this book has helped you learn and grow in some way, and I'm sure it will do the same for many others
Andrea Janae Harrison

Post by Andrea Janae Harrison »

This book is about being able to grow as a person, and promoting change in your life.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love the way your review is written. And it seems the author has a new perspective on Heaven because we are taught that to get to Heaven, we need to be on our best behavior here on earth. But it seems the author seems to have a different perspective. I’ll love to read this someday!
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Chris Agbara »

I really like this book review because it gives a comprehensive overview of the book's content and its unique features. Furthermore, Mercy mentioned how the book challenges traditional notions of heaven and the afterlife, making it an intriguing read for those interested in spirituality or metaphysics. Well done Mercy.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

I love the fact that Heaven Is Closer Than You Think" by Fred Blom acknowledges the importance and place of prayer in our everyday lives. Great review.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html

Post by Chee Amaka »

I love the fact that Heaven Is Closer Than You Think" by Fred Blom acknowledges the importance and place of prayer in our everyday lives. Great review.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

Heaven is a state rather than a location and a place for a soul to evolve rather than a place of permanent rest is a thought conflicting for me. But I still do like to understand where he is coming from.
Michelle Joseph 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-joseph-2.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Michelle Joseph 2 »

This is a beautiful book. I'm a firm believer in Christ, and publications like this help me reinforce my faith. Given his history, the fact that Fred developed a relationship with God answers a long-pondered question: are those born into a family who believes in the old gods to blame for believing what their parents believed? Now I know that every man is the captain of his own fate, just as Fred chose to change his path by seeking God. I appreciate the detailed evaluation.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

"Heaven Is Closer Than You Think" by Fred Blom seems to be a well-written and thought-provoking book that challenges traditional notions of heaven and the afterlife while offering comfort and inspiration to readers. The author's personal experiences and his conversational tone make the book relatable and engaging, while his emphasis on living in the present moment adds a fresh perspective to the topic. Great review.
Kader Idrissou
Currently Reading:

Post by Kader Idrissou »

J'aime beaucoup ce livre car elle donne un aperçu complet du contenu du livre et de ses caractéristiques uniques
Je vous invite a le lire il est plein d'éducation
Fergie Jess Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jess-edeni.html

Post by Fergie Jess Edeni »

Your advice to read this book is quite helpful, especially for people who feel trapped in their present circumstances. Books have the capacity to motivate individuals to change and provide them with new lenses through which to view the world. I'm delighted to hear that this book has given you some opportunities to learn and develop, and I have no doubt that it will do the same for a lot of other people. Great review.
Bethany Kroeger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bethany-kroeger.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Bethany Kroeger »

I really like the unique perspective that this book places on heaven! It makes you think and question your own beliefs too. Great review-it makes me want to give it a read soon.
Tari egai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tari-egai.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Tari egai »

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review. From what I can see, it's a thought-provoking book that differs significantly from what we were taught about making heaven. I would absolutely add it to my shelves because I'm interested.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”