Review of A Voice A Soul A Man Speaks

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of A Voice A Soul A Man Speaks

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Voice A Soul A Man Speaks" by Tyra J Robinson Sr.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Voice, A Soul, A Man Speaks by Tyra J. Robinson Sr. is a poetry book where the writer lets out his own thoughts. The writer is a man of God. Although the book has some poems that are not religious, most of the poems are religious and include God and Jesus. Many of them represent the writer talking to God and giving him glory. Sometimes they have requests. Other times, they are directed at other people about the importance of God and religion in their lives.

There were a couple of other poems, like the one that has a prayer he dedicated to his wife. Also, there is some relationship advice, like the one that talks about false concerns. Some poems were encouraging, like the "Walking on the Water" poem.

I liked how the writer expressed himself and his ideas. I liked his dedication to God and the devotion with which he talked. I liked some of the topics he discussed, like that you can do what you believe in and that you need to be careful and not believe anyone claiming anything. I liked that he included poems about friends, brothers, and his wife. My favorite poem was "I love you".

I have to say I was surprised by the heavy religious content of the book. The description of the book doesn't give that out. Also, there was a poem that I really didn't like. It's called "Her Submission". I didn't like the whole concept of submission in the way it was discussed.

Although it's a book of poetry and there is room for some alterations, some errors were obvious. The book could have used another round of editing. Considering that and what I mentioned earlier, I rate this book three out of five stars. I recommend the book to religious people who would like to read poetry that includes mostly religious poems in addition to some side topics.

A Voice A Soul A Man Speaks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
James Williams Uzo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-u.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by James Williams Uzo »

Religious people who would like to read poetry that includes mostly religious poems will have a great time reading this book.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

I love poems that have deeper meanings in little to no words. I agree it can be overwhelming with the amount of religious content presented. Excellent job on a well-written review.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Rica Concepcion
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Rica Concepcion »

I love to read religious poems. And explore the wisdom of Tyra J. Robinson, Sr. Thanks for the review.
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

A religious anthology such as this one would be a nice change of pace. Glorifying God in all one does, even in writing should be our first and most important goal, and I guess the author is aware of this. I would have loved to read this book, but poetry isn't my thing. I imagine this book would stir up a sense of satisfaction in lovers of God and poetry. I only love the former, the latter doesn't appease me as much, so it's a hard pass.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”