Review of BloodHeir

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okorji98
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Review of BloodHeir

Post by Okorji98 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "BloodHeir" by Sisters Negron.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Carlos Sebastián disappeared six months ago. Just before leaving, he had said strange things to his daughter and entrusted jewelry to her care. Carli has been repeatedly having nightmares since her father left. It was time to find answers, especially after the emerald amulet her father gave her had opened into a vortex displaying a figure of her mother and her young self. She decides to find her father, and this leads her to Thomas in New York City.

In this intriguing fantasy novel, BloodHeir by Sisters Negron, Carli discovers she is the heir to the Order of Knowledge, believed to be the protector and savior of the Ethlatan race. Can Carli accept this role? And would she be able to secure the safety of her people? Grab a copy and find out!

There are quite many positive aspects to this book. There was significant character growth in the protagonist, Carli. She went from being a naive girl who easily fell for Doris' tricks to a woman who would risk her life for another. The author had done an excellent job of writing this interesting fantasy fiction. A different race that lived in another world having its own history and foundation was successful. The Ethlatan race had its governing system, councils, and spiritual leaders. The use of a mystique foreign diction in the Rite of Esnactu, as well as in communicating to the Heir Stone, made the story all too authentic and realistic. The author had done well to also provide interpretation to the strange words used in the book.

The story had me in suspense right from the first page to the end. The first book opens up with a creepy scene and leaves the readers wondering what is going on. The last lap of the book leaves the readers on a cliffhanger, thirsting for more. I loved how the author could switch from the past to the present without any cut in narration. The book is rich in culture and history. Apart from the detailed insight into the Ethlatan's history, readers would also read about Vlad Dracul and his war against the Turks, prominent eighteenth-century classical artists.

However, there are negative aspects to the book as well. The book had a lot of errors. Therefore, I can surmise that it was not professionally edited. I wouldn't say I liked that the book was not divided into parts or chapters. I found it difficult re-reading some of my favorite scenes or locating a particular event in the book. Also, the book did not resolve any conflict or issues raised. The story left me hanging and craving for more. Hopefully, there will be a sequel. I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars because I enjoyed following Carli's journey and transformation. I recommend this book to lovers of fantasy fiction, mysteries, or suspense novels.

BloodHeir
View: on Bookshelves
Fabbie Woods
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabbie-woods.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fabbie Woods »

Carli's character growth, from a naive girl to a courageous woman, was particularly noteworthy and a testament to the author's skillful writing.
Words seduce and pages ignite passion. Let's get lost in the tantalizing world of literature together.
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

The incorporation of foreign vocabulary in a book is something I find intriguing. It's a book worth trying.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”