Review of The Self-Sufficient Princess

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of The Self-Sufficient Princess

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Self-Sufficient Princess" by Sanguine Addams.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There is a time in everyone's life when they are caught in perplexity and feel that they are in the wrong place or do not fit into a particular life or environment. The Self-Sufficient Princess, written by Sanguine Addams and illustrated by Alicyn Q. Foti, is a mind-blowing novel with a plot consisting of adventure, suspense, love, and a touch of fun.

Nightingale is a princess in the Land of This and That and the daughter of King Killian and Queen Evelyn, who live in Castle Beckett. Nightingale has a magical mirror called Reflexa through which she asks most of her personal questions, and upon her graduation, she chooses solitude as her graduation gift for reasons that you will find out from reading this book. She never liked the life of a princess, and as events turned out, there was a dragon warning from the dragon offices in MT Holly.

To Gale's greatest surprise, the dragon landed on her lawn, and she questioned the dragon without fear about what it was doing on her lawn. The dragon made her understand that she would soon turn 18 and be ready for marriage, and princes would come from time to time to win her heart. The dragon didn't fail to explain to her the terms and reasons for being with her, and I would suggest you pick this book from any bookstore to read and know the experiences of Nightingale while in solitude.

I wouldn't be honest if I said I didn't enjoy this book. First, the narrator was very humorous, and it really got me laughing at various instances. The book seemed to have an old-fashioned but modern touch to its writing style, which I found to be very unique. The book also pointed out that parents should sometimes consider relating to their children as friends. The book's description level was also commendable, like when Wrathnarock introduced herself. I also enjoyed the story of how the king got his name, "Killian the Stout-hearted." Also, the style of naming in the book was unique, such as the name "Flex-a-Lot." Another aspect of the book that I enjoyed was Gale's bond with her cousins, Cierra and Starr.

I had no reason to dislike this book, and because of this, I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I will recommend this book to adolescents who are fans of Disney movies or cartoons. While reading this book, I encountered a typo, which proves that The Self-Sufficient Princess, written by Sanguine Addams and illustrated by Alicyn Q. Foti, is professionally edited.

The Self-Sufficient Princess
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
James Williams Uzo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-u.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by James Williams Uzo »

I'm not a fan of Disney movies or cartoons so ill leave this for fans of such to read. Great job on the review. Well done.
Eze-Ogo Kal Dimuo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-ogo-kal-dimuo.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Eze-Ogo Kal Dimuo »

I love the plot and your summary of the book. The review captured how you felt reading the book, and you succinctly penned it down. Great review.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

This review explained in detail what you truly loved about this book and from reading this I can tell that this is a book I would truly enjoy reading. Great words you used here, keep it up
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I'm a Disney, princes/sess, dragons, and hilarious story fan. I think that I'd love to read this book. You've written an excellent and intriguing review. I like the summary with little teasers of what you can find inside, it makes me curious and want to read the book.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

The self-sufficient princess from this review will be an inspiring role model for young children , encouraging independence, resilience, and problem-solving skills.
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

Just reading the review, I was so interested in the part of Nightingale, the princess, when she used her magical mirror and her encounter with the dragon when she was about to turn 18 years old.
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

To start off, the title of this book drew me in. Its title is attractive. As I read the review the plot of the book seemed even more attractive than the book itself. Moreover, I love humorous authors. Being able to laugh when reading a book is so refreshing. Nice review. I might have to shelf this one.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

I did as I said and added this to my shelf. While adding it I saw the name of the author - Sanguine Addams- and realised that that may be the reason behind his humor, his temperament. It's right there in Tim LaHaye's "Why You Act the Way You Do"; a very nice book
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”