Review of The Death and Resurrection of Baseball

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Thera reads
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thera-reads.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Review of The Death and Resurrection of Baseball

Post by Thera reads »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Death and Resurrection of Baseball" by William R. Douglas.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Death and Resurrection of Baseball: Echoes from a Distant Past by William R. Douglas is a futuristic novel set in post-war America, where baseball has become a forgotten sport. Joe Scott, a 12-year-old boy, discovers a mysterious artifact and embarks on a quest to uncover its secrets. With the help of his grandfather's guidance, Joe locates hidden vaults containing valuable baseball relics. Grab a copy of this book to find out how the beloved game of baseball is resurrected after being long forgotten.

Joe's curiosity led him to discover and share something very vital to the lives and unity of Americans after the devastating civil war. I gained so much from reading this book. I have learned key values like the importance of preserving history, the power of community and unity, the resilience of the human spirit, the significance of passing on knowledge, and the transformative role of curiosity and perseverance in shaping a better future.

I found a lot of things I liked about this book, including the captivating storytelling and futuristic setting. Also, the exploration of themes like preserving history and the power of community in the book taught me their importance. Not to forget the engaging characters, most especially Joe. This book takes one on an exciting ride as Joe uncovers hidden clues and revives baseball.

I did not really find things to strongly dislike about this book, but non-sports enthusiasts may find it difficult to connect with the central theme of the story. Also, the limited exploration of the futuristic world beyond baseball's revival was not too good. I feel if more information was included on how they lived, the technology they used, and their general way of life, it would have spiced up the book. The errors found were very minimal, which implies the book was professionally edited.

I will rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of its captivating futuristic setting that immerses readers in a post-apocalyptic America. Also, an engaging storyline with a perfect blend of adventure, mystery, and the rediscovery of a lost sport is a plus in this book. There are also so many other reasons, which include well-developed characters, detailed descriptions, inspiring themes, skillful exploration of the human spirit, a well-researched portrayal of baseball, emotional impact, thought-provoking commentary, and its overall captivating and uplifting nature.

I highly recommend this book to fans of futuristic and post-apocalyptic settings, baseball enthusiasts, readers interested in adventure and discovery, those who enjoy coming-of-age narratives with young protagonists, and individuals who appreciate themes of community, heritage, and the power of reviving forgotten traditions. This book can be enjoyed by people of almost all ages and races.

The Death and Resurrection of Baseball
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Jude Michael Uchechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Jude Michael Uchechukwu »

History, Adventure, Sports, count me in😍. This is a book recommended for both adults and children who loves sports because of the characters in the book.
Okocha Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Okocha Victor »

I have always had questions about the takes on baseball. Even basketball. We are very familiar with the point system in soccer, but these two have proven stubborn. Another sport I am yet to have grasp on is golf. But then I heard that a poor man has no business playing golf. Lol. Awesome review.
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

I feel as though basing the plot of a story on something like baseball wouldn't resonate with me. It's something that I'd rather watch than read. I agree that it does have its own touch of adventure, but the fact that their adventure led them to a vault with more baseball materials threw me off.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:
Chioma Oz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chioma-oz.html
Latest Review: Flowers of Evil by N.L. Holmes

Post by Chioma Oz »

The book imparts valuable lessons on preserving history, fostering community and unity, showcasing the resilience of the human spirit, and the transformative power of curiosity and perseverance in shaping a better future.
Nguavese Abeva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nguavese-abeva.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nguavese Abeva »

Epic and unforgettable, a must-read for any avid reader! The grandeur of the story, combined with the depth of characters, creates an experience that stays with you long after the final chapter.
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Jessica Azuka »

My first sense is asking if this book is a fictional novel or factual. Either ways, it will be fascinating to learn some history about baseball in a story-like manner. I am looking forward to reading this book to learn from it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”