Review of A Captive in Algiers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Re: Review of A Captive in Algiers

Post by Victoria Zoe »

Ettore is a character to reckon with in this book. As the protagonist, his story reveals that the challenges of life are but for a season. Hence, we must keep hope alive. Congrats on the book of the day and a satisfactory review.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 607
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

The storyline is intriguing. Ettore and his friends seem to have gone through a lot, and I am sure readers will be inspired by their journey. Thank you for the review.
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-lisa-anyango.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango »

I am captivated by this review and I really want to know how they survived. I admire tour guides though, they bring the beautiful sites in the world to lifee
Malleswararao Dasari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: At Vitoria by Marcia Riman Selz

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

Wow, this review of "A Captive in Algiers" really piqued my interest! It sounds like a thrilling story with lots of twists and turns. I love how the author captures the essence of life's unpredictability and the importance of staying positive no matter what. I'll definitely add this book to my reading list—I'm intrigued to see how Ettore and his friends navigate their way through such a challenging situation.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: By The Rivers of Babylon by Mary Glickman

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

Yes, the review is helpful as it provides an overview of the book's plot, highlights its strengths, and recommends it to specific audiences. The review is sufficient in conveying the reviewer's positive impression of the book. It has the potential to motivate readers to buy the book due to its enthusiastic tone and emphasis on engaging storytelling. From the reviewer's perspective, the book appears to be a good addition to anyone's library, particularly for young adults aspiring to greatness and those who enjoy intriguing stories.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the sea adventures of Ettore and his two friends after they are lost at sea and drift off to Algiers. Thanks for the review.
Praise Samson 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Praise Samson 1 »

"A Captive in Algiers" sounds like a gripping read indeed! The way you describe the vivid scenes and the character's journey is captivating. It's wonderful how the author brings out the essence of life's unpredictability and the resilience of the human spirit. With such a high recommendation, it seems like a book worth picking up for anyone looking for an immersive and thought-provoking story.
byrondsouza
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by byrondsouza »

The book "A Captive in Algiers" is a historical fiction about a boy Ettore and his friends who are travel guides. They get stuck in the sea due to a storm and are lost in the bargain. It will be interesting to see how the plot progresses from there. Congratulations on BOTD!!
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

The book seems really interesting! The man's family discovered his writings over 200 years later, sharing his ancestor's tough experiences and valuable lessons. It explores the challenges of being stuck at sea and the fear of being captured and sold into slavery. This book offers adventure and important insights. Congratulations on being chosen as Book of the Day!
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This seems to be an intriguing book about Ettore and his friends going through so much. It's wonderful to hear he remained optimistic throughout. Thanks for a wonderful review, and congrats to the author on BOTD 🙂
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

It sounds like there are a lot of lessons to be learned from the story of Ettore, a young orphaned boy from Amalfi, Italy, who worked as a tour guide to survive but got lost at sea one day and was captured and sold into slavery in Algiers. Congrats on BOTD!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The reviewer's enthusiasm for the vivid descriptions and immersive storytelling in "A Captive in Algiers" is contagious. It makes me curious about the author's ability to bring scenes to life and evoke strong emotions in readers.
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

And he said...

...man is his own slave.

Anthony T. Hincks

With its rich descriptions of many locations and its upbeat message of never giving up hope, it sounds like a wonderful book to read. I wonder if Ettore will manage to escape his state of servitude. We never know who we'll run across or how they'll affect our life. Given that Ettore and his pals perished in the water while battling a powerful storm, it would appear that their tale is extremely risky.
Ni_weh_sesh62
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

A Captive in Algiers by AJ Lewis captivates readers with its thrilling narrative centered around Ettore, a spirited young boy thrust into the tumultuous world of survival as a tourist guide. As Ettore and his friends face the perils of the sea and the cruel reality of slavery, the author skillfully weaves a tale of resilience and hope amidst adversity. Through vivid descriptions and compelling characters like Ettore, the book delivers profound insights into life's unpredictability and the power of determination, leaving readers inspired to persevere against all odds.
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Holy Terror by John R. Dougherty

Post by RomanceBound T »

This sounds like one hell of a book. I love how you conveyed what you felt while reading this book in your review, makes me wanna read it next. I'd like to found out what will happen to Ettore and his friends. Congrats on BOTD.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”