Rereading Harry Potter Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Favorite of the Series

Sorcerer's Stone
13%
Chamber of Secrets
3%
Prisoner of Azkaban
25%
Goblet of Fire
17%
Order of the Phoenix
14%
Half Blood Prince
14%
Deathly Hallows
14%

Total votes: 303

Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Re: Rereading Harry Potter Series

Post by Reader Chavez »

I love all Harry Potter books! I'm definitely a Potterhead, but my favorite is the first one: Harry Potter and the sorcerer´s stone. I think this was the book that enters us into the magic world, the first time we read about spells, three-headed dogs, and magic itself. I love them all, but for me, this one will forever have a special place in my heart!
Pocoyo
Favorite Book: Heroes of Atlantis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pocoyo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice by AC Michael

Post by Pocoyo »

I've reread the Harry Potter series so many times, it's really a staple in my life. My favourite of both the books and the movies would be prisoner of azkaban. Also my favourite character is ironically Bella, I don't know what it is about her but that whole "she was a witch with prodigious skill and no conscious" always struck me as amazing.
readlikejess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readlikejess.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by readlikejess »

My favorite book from the series is also the 3rd. But it never gets tiring to reread them all the time. Might as well do it now, while I’m still finishing my review for a boom I finished reading.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

When I was young and the first time I read it, I love it so much. When I'm rereading it now as an grown person, I cannot help but think that it just stretched out to a very long 7 novel book. I'm sorry.
Kayla McColl
Favorite Book: The Legacy
Currently Reading: Pillow Thoughts
Bookshelf Size: 999
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-mccoll.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kayla McColl »

My favourite was the 3rd one for sure! All the interesting facts you learn are great. Plus you get to know Lily and James with Harry through their friends' eyes.
Mallory Jose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-jose.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mallory Jose »

I loved Prisoner of Azkaban and the Goblet of Fire. Sirius has always been one of my favorite characters. In the Goblet of Fire, I really enjoy the wizard games. I thought that was a nice link to todays society of the Olympics. I do agree with another post on here about the last book. She really did a great job with the series as a whole. But, the last book is where she was able to tie everything together and create the best ending!
Anita Kariuki
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anita Kariuki »

I honestly like no ..... LOVE Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban... People should really read them. It's really great
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

I cannot seem to choose a favourite. If I read it over I have to read all the books. I must confess when I rewatch the movies I skip to my favourite parts in each movie. I love Ron's character as well he is like the comic relief in everything. Of I really have to choose it would be 3, because in this book Harry finally finds somewhat of a family, even if Sirius has to go into hiding. And book 4 I love the part where he finds Dobby again and how there friendship is built and Order of the Pheonix where they all stood up against Umbridge.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:

Post by Ohna Martin »

I loved reading the Harry Potter series but I have to read all the books if I reread it I can not seem to choose a favourite. If I have to I'll choose Prisoner of Azkaban where Harry Finally learns the truth about who betrayed his parents. He finds Sirius someone who in a manner has been sent to him by his parents even if Sirius has to go into hiding in the end. Then it would be Goblet of Fire where Harry finally meets Dobby again and how their friendship develops. And then Order of the Phoenix where they stood up to Umbridge.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:

Post by Ohna Martin »

I re-read the Harry Potter series so many times I practically know it by heart, Goblet of Fire is one of my favorites though.
Amy Bridges
Currently Reading: The Two Towers
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-bridges.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose
Reading Device: B08VKR5PVS

Post by Amy Bridges »

I have read the series so many times, I practically have it memorized. When my son was born, I was on bed rest for a long time. I would sit and hold him and read the books to him. He had heard the entire series before he was 6 months old. Now, at 4, he still loves them and wants me to read them all the time. My favorite is a bit of a tie between Azkaban and Goblet. I love the revelation of Harry's true relationship with Sirius and how it develops. But I feel that Harry really begins to become his own person in Goblet of Fire and that pushes my vote more towards Goblet.
Angela Ormson
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Angela Ormson »

For me, the first book is my favorite. It can be one of the slower in the series, but the immersion into this new magical world so what really drug me into loving this series so much, and I just can't imagine claiming a different one.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I’m probably too much with this series 😂 every time that I read one of the books (I read them as they came out) I used to read all the previous before it. Then, I have re read them few times. I have read the first one 12 times now… and still, I feel I discover something new each time I read if

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”