Review of The Prism Effect

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Davy Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davy-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Small Business, Big Stress: A Practical Guide to Managing the Chaos and Finding Success by Niki Reiche

Review of The Prism Effect

Post by Davy Ifedigbo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Prism Effect" by J. Wint.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jet Stroud, a nineteen-year-old ARC citizen, gained admission into the prestigious Skylight University after emerging as the best overall student in his entrance examination. Skylight University was founded by Christian Albright, who used his knowledge of artificial intelligence to create a functioning university system. Before joining the university, Jet faced rejection and discrimination from the people in his country and his parents, who abandoned him as a toddler. Something was special about him—his neon-like illumination eyes, of which he was unaware of the cause and side effects. He seeks to have a better life at Skylight University. Out of pity, Cutter, a fellow Blaze player on his school team from his country, told Jet about his condition called Epebus Mortem. Jet soon realized other students on the Skylight campus had the same condition. Despite this, Jet and his friends were determined to resolve the mysteries behind their problems, which kept on unfolding. Will Jet and his friend be successful in their quest to find a solution? What are the mysteries behind his conditions? Read the 866 pages of the book to find out.

I enjoyed some aspects of the book. Jet's journey underscores the significance of separating our current circumstances from our future aspirations. Jet consistently demonstrated a readiness to unearth resolutions for the Epebus Mortem issue. This vividly illustrates how unwavering resolve and effective collaboration can set us apart. Cutter is a valuable companion, exemplifying attributes that individuals should be attentive to when choosing friends within society. Cutter consistently worked in harmony with Jet, Bo, and Cord to tackle the obstacles they encountered, displaying a lack of bias among them.

Some aspects of the book did not resonate with me. Despite the author's division of the book into 23 chapters, I observed an absence of page numbers. While each of these 23 chapters had a title, incorporating page numbers would facilitate locating specific text parts during reading. It might benefit the author to condense and make the mysteries more concise. The progression felt like moving from one mystery to another, creating a chain of mysteries linked from the paintings, Christian Albright, the Book of Vishmu, Heliographi, the serpent, and the prism, all the way to the Atrum and the Lucem.

The Prism Effect by J. Wint is remarkable and deserves high praise for its content. The author's work shines through in teaching readers valuable life lessons, encompassing teamwork, cooperation, resilience, and the significance of genuine friendship. These lessons are skillfully woven into the narratives of Jet, Cutter, Bo, and Cord. I found no mistakes, so it is extraordinarily well-edited. Due to the aspects of the book I enjoyed, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. The elements that didn't resonate with me didn't hinder my reading experience.

I strongly recommend it to those who have an appreciation for science fiction and are interested in embarking on a literary journey centered around a team's mission to discover the mystery behind a disease.

The Prism Effect
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Suvankar Das 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"The Prism Effect" by J. Wint sounds like an intriguing sci-fi adventure that highlights the power of teamwork and friendship. I appreciate the reviewer's insights, and this review has certainly piqued my interest in the book. Thank you for sharing! 📚🌟
Sara Rispo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-rispo.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Sara Rispo »

I must say, the plot of this book sounds quite intriguing. I appreciate the author's attention to detail, especially considering the length of the book. As someone who enjoys science-fiction and fantasy, I am definitely adding this title to my To-Read list. I am excited to see how the story unfolds and to delve deeper into the world the author has created.
"Please, my dear, don't burn yourself to keep them warm".
Sara Rispo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-rispo.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Sara Rispo »

I must say, the plot of this book sounds quite intriguing. I appreciate the author's attention to detail, especially considering the length of the book. As someone who enjoys science-fiction and fantasy, I am definitely adding this title to my To-Read list. I am excited to see how the story unfolds and to delve deeper into the world the author has created.
"Please, my dear, don't burn yourself to keep them warm".
Daniel Ogun
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Daniel Ogun »

"The Prism Effect" authored by J. Wint is a captivating science fiction odyssey that underscores the significance of collaboration and camaraderie. The reviewer's perceptive analysis and the author's meticulous storytelling, even within the book's extensive narrative, have undeniably sparked my curiosity. Being an enthusiast of both science fiction and fantasy, I eagerly anticipate adding this work to my reading queue and delving into the mesmerizing realm that the author has expertly constructed. 📚🌟
Carlebastra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Carlebastra »

Having thoroughly read your review of "The Prism Effect" by J. Wint, I appreciate your thoughtful analysis of the book. It's clear that you found the themes of teamwork, cooperation, and resilience to be compelling aspects of the story. Your feedback on the absence of page numbers and the pacing of the mysteries adds valuable insight for potential readers. Your 5-star rating and strong recommendation highlight the book's strengths. Thank you for sharing your perspective, and it's evident that you engaged deeply with the narrative.
Appolonia Dambure
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Appolonia Dambure »

Woow I must say the book sounds like an interesting and adventurous.I really appreciate the authors highlight of team work and the significance of genuine friendship.
precious Elechi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by precious Elechi »

The prism Effect
It's a very interesting and intriguing book
It's a sci-fic book and I love
I must say, the plot of this book sounds quite intriguing. I appreciate the author's attention to detail, especially considering the length of the book.I am excited to see how the story unfolds and to delve deeper into the world the author has created. Thank you
Anaïs Quesson
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

I was initially perplexed about this book. The way you summarized the plot did not resonate with me, I was wondering if the book showed any singularity.
Your further observations changed my mind completely. I'm now very intrigued by the way this book focuses on the mystery of Jet's medical condition. It promises a very engaging story.
Thank you for this remarkable review, I'd be happy to read this book.
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."
Shilpy Bhasin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilpy-bhasin.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Shilpy Bhasin »

A sci-fi novel, with mysteries and lessons about teamwork and friendship. The review is quite intriguing and honest. But the book also seems very lengthy for my taste. Thanks for the review.
Gagblezu Shepherd
Favorite Book: LaBlance Fish Tales Two
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Gagblezu Shepherd »

After reading your assessment of "The Prism Effect" by J. Wint in its entirety, I want to thank you for your critical analysis of the book. You obviously found the story's themes of teamwork, cooperation, and resilience to be engaging. Your comments on the puzzles' pacing and the absence of page numbers provide important new information for prospective readers. Your 5-star rating and enthusiastic endorsement draw attention to the book's advantages. I appreciate you expressing your viewpoint, and it is clear that you were completely engrossed in the story.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 818
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When the Tamarind Tree Blooms by Elaine Russell
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

The themes of teamwork, cooperation, and uncovering mysteries within the story sound intriguing. I'm eager to explore this science fiction tale about Jet and his unique condition.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

The "Epebus Mortem" condition Jet has, plays an intriguing plot in this science fiction book. I wonder what Skylight University has in store for Jet and his friends. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Katie Kung
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Katie Kung »

intriguing plot indeed! I look forward to the next generation of novels and SF specifically that takes the AI issues to heart and explore the threats and opportunities AI bring us. Literature is always one of the best foretelling tools.
Munmun Samanta
Favorite Book: A Walk in the Twilight
Currently Reading: Kantara
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-munmun-samanta.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Munmun Samanta »

From your review I feel the book is quite intriguing. The Prism Effect" by J. Wint is book one of The Skylight Series. Divided into 23 chapters with a prologue and an epilogue and numerous scary images this book is an exhilarating science fiction. Jet Stroud, a nineteen-year-old ARC citizen enters into a new world in Skylight City as a university student. Though life proved bitter and betrayed for Jet earlier, something new is promising to him in this new life. Let's see.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”