Review of Follow Your Dreams (Elmer Bailey)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Review of Follow Your Dreams (Elmer Bailey)

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Follow Your Dreams (Elmer Bailey)" by Elmer Bailey.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Butch knew exactly what he wanted for himself: to play in the nation's NFL and to be an engineer. With this clarity of purpose, he divides his time between school classes, football, and homework and doesn't allow peer pressure to make him act otherwise. Butch's future is bright, but there are troubles along his path that took him unawares. How he handles the situation will determine the course his life will take going forward.

Follow Your Dreams is a children's story written by Elmer Bailey. I did enjoy the book, especially the intriguing storyline that was initiated and concluded within this short read. I do recognize the impact Elmer's simple yet vivid word choices made in ensuring this memorable read, as well as the apt illustrations done by Jon Herzog.

The story presents a balanced account of ambitions and the sacrifices (commitments) needed to bring them to fruition. This was thoroughly developed through the character Butch. He didn't stop at just dreaming; he put in the required work and consistency that would make that happen. Although life happened to him at a critical stage of his life, children will learn important lessons from the way things turned out.

Also, I was impressed with how Butch handled the pressure from his friend to engage in lifestyles that would hinder the realization of his dreams. Perhaps children would learn from his conduct how to sustain meaningful friendships without having to undermine their values and aspirations. I didn't find any grammatical errors in this book, and that is another plus to its merits.

I enjoyed reading this book, and I recommend it to readers between the ages of three and eight. There is nothing negative to report about this book, and given the positive aspects aforementioned, I rate it five out of five stars. I don't have any reason to remove any stars from the rating.

Follow Your Dreams (Elmer Bailey)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
RutvikPatel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rutvikpatel.html
Latest Review: The River of Cheese by Amanda Jane Lowles

Post by RutvikPatel »

"Follow Your Dreams" by Elmer Bailey is a delightful children's story with a compelling message about ambition, dedication, and maintaining values. The vivid storytelling, complemented by Jon Herzog's illustrations, makes it an engaging read for young audiences. There are no notable issues, and it deserves a five-star rating.
Carlebastra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Carlebastra »

"Elmer Bailey's 'Follow Your Dreams' is a profound musical journey, echoing the human spirit's resilience and unwavering pursuit of aspirations. Through soulful melodies and poignant lyrics, Bailey encapsulates the essence of determination and hope. Each note resonates with the universal message that dreams are worth chasing, no matter the obstacles. In a world often clouded by doubt, this song is a guiding light, reminding us to embrace our passions and forge our path. Bailey's artistry not only captivates the ear but also touches the heart, making 'Follow Your Dreams' an anthem for those who dare to dream.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”