Review of Tools to Stop Overthinking

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of Tools to Stop Overthinking

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tools to Stop Overthinking" by Jennifer Costanza MA, LMFT.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Research indicates that 70% of adolescents grapple with excessive rumination, perpetually revisiting their fears, anxieties, and errors in their thoughts, leading to emotional and mental exhaustion. The teenage stage is typically a challenging transition from childhood to adulthood. Social media has made this phase even more difficult for teenagers, exposing them to unnecessary worries and damaging their self-esteem through comparisons with their peers.

Tools to Stop Overthinking by Jennifer Costanza MA, LMFT, is a practical guide to help teenagers navigate the complexities of overthinking during this critical stage of their lives. Empowering teenagers to harness overthinking as a tool for personal growth prepares them to become strong, resourceful, and resilient adults.

This powerful book comprises 15 impactful chapters, and my note was filled even before reaching Chapter 4. The content is so valuable that every word is worth recording. Kudos to the author for providing practical advice rather than just theory. I resonated with everything the author discussed; it felt like he was addressing me directly. It's worth noting that the issues addressed in this book, such as overthinking, are not exclusive to teenagers; they happen to adults too. I've often found myself asking "what if," overthinking events before they occur, and struggling to forgive myself for past mistakes. If I had read this book as a teenager, it might have helped me overcome these challenges.

I appreciate how each chapter title resonates with the target audience. Teenagers are likely to see themselves in these titles and be motivated to follow the practical steps outlined in the book. One key phrase that stood out for me was, "As you progress on this journey, remember it's okay to stumble, to pause, and to take a moment for yourself." It's reassuring to hear from someone else that mistakes don't define you and that overthinking can become an asset.

I have no complaints about this book; it contains everything a teenager needs to conquer overthinking and become a more empowered version of themselves. The book is professionally edited and deserves a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend it to teenagers, counselors, parents, and adults who still grapple with overthinking.

Tools to Stop Overthinking
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Nenye Charles »

I like that the cover page is a perfect description of the contents of the book. Overthinking is inevitable in our lives, and I’m glad that there’s a book to combat that. Nice review.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

I like that the cover page is a perfect description of the contents of the book. Overthinking is inevitable in our lives, and I’m glad that there’s a book to combat that. Nice review.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

fareedaali9113
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareedaali9113.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by fareedaali9113 »

Great review!
Sethuratna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sethuratna.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Sethuratna »

Well written and insightful review. Well done.
RutvikPatel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rutvikpatel.html
Latest Review: The River of Cheese by Amanda Jane Lowles

Post by RutvikPatel »

"Tools to Stop Overthinking" by Jennifer Costanza MA, LMFT is a powerful guide addressing the common struggles of overthinking, particularly relevant to teenagers. The practical advice within its pages is invaluable, offering real solutions rather than just theory. With relatable chapter titles and reassuring messages, it's a must-read for teenagers and beyond.
Carlebastra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Carlebastra »

"Jennifer Costanza's 'Tools to Stop Overthinking' is a transformative guide. Her expertise as an LMFT shines, offering invaluable strategies for quieting the mind, fostering peace, and embracing life fully. This book is a beacon of hope for those trapped in the cycle of overthinking.
Yunes Abdo Ali Ahmed Almashmri
Currently Reading: The Day I Had a Bulldozer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Yunes Abdo Ali Ahmed Almashmri »

"Tools to Stop Overthinking" is a powerful guide to address common conflicts related to overthinking, particularly for teenagers. It provides practical advice and real solutions for controlling excessive thoughts. This is a must-read book for teenagers and beyond.
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

Sounds good for adults too

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”